SaT- G&I - Executive & Manager
Strategy and Transactions– Government & Infrastructure – Executive & Manager - Dublin
The publication of Project Ireland 2040 by the Irish Government publicly stated its commitment to develop Ireland over the period to 2040.This was followed by the National Development Plan 2018 – 2027 and the National Planning Framework and more recently the Government’s Climate Action Plan.
These ambitious but challenging strategy documents outline the Government’s key areas of focus and its €116 billion capital expenditure plan to make Ireland a better country for all of its people. EY’s Government and Infrastructure team is looking to further expand to capture the opportunities these investment plans provide and assist our clients deliver upon them.
Our team advises on all aspects of the development, structuring and financing of infrastructure and real estate projects. We help clients understand the business, investment and public policy opportunities arising from increased investment in infrastructure and offer a coordinated approach to procuring, structuring, executing and managing major infrastructure, real estate and complex service projects and transactions. Our professionals are drawn from finance, investment banking, Government, economics, construction, funds management and industry.
Join our Government and Infrastructure Advisory (G&IA) team and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in the planning, procurement and delivery of infrastructure. You will advise both public and private sector organisations that require support in developing and managing large scale infrastructure projects across a range of sectors. You will also advise on the long-term operation of assets and the creation of high performing organisations.
Your key responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of Senior Managers, Directors or Partners within SaT G&IA as well as other EY departments in both Ireland and internationally on the following assignments:
- Strategic advice-various advices relating to strategic matters, which vary considerably from client to client
- Business planning & business case -various advices relating to strategic matters, which vary considerably from client to client
- Procurement–advising public and private clients in relation to the procurement of infrastructure assets through different forms of contracting and procurement models
- Mergers, buyouts and disposals -buying and selling businesses and assets in infrastructure sector
- PPPs – advising public and private clients in relation to the procurement and funding of infrastructure assets through PPP
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress.
- Understanding our client requirements, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our clients through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- Review Excel models under supervision and arrive at preliminary conclusions.
- Understand, manipulate and interpret financial data and client information, drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Carry out relevant analysis and present your findings (both written and orally).
- Gathering, verifying and analysing information to formulate views.
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines.
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships.
- Maintaining and constantly upgrading technical knowledge and personal skills.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ideally you will have an accounting qualification – Chartered Accountant or equivalent; a sound grasp of Irish Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and financial accounting
- High level of business awareness and a strong understanding of the factors that drive financial performance
- Highly numerate with a sound grasp of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A track record in infrastructure advisory and/or corporate finance advisory, experience of working in a professional services environment, and exposure to high profile transactions, would all be a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with the development or formal review of financial models is a pre-requisite
- Strong leadership skills, willingness to learn and a positive attitude
To qualify for the role you must have
- Qualified with ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification with proven relevant and transferrable work experience
- Relevant degree, numeric subjects preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrable organization and self-management skills
- Excellent business development and relationship management skills
What we look for
The Government and Infrastructure Advisory (G&IA) team works with all levels of Government, leveraging sector insights and delivering tangible, measurable business benefits. Our senior practitioners come from across all disciplines across the Firm and form long-term, trusted relationships with our Government clients, supporting them with highly informed, strategic advice to resolve their most pressing business issues.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.