Manager - Claims and Disputes, Forensics and Integrity Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Join our team and be part of the team that helps clients resolve complex commercial disputes and, ultimately safeguard the value of their businesses. Supporting our clients in their disputes is about providing robust independent views that bring together deep forensic accounting knowledge, sector insight and experience of dispute resolution forums. You’ll will also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored counselling.
We are looking for a manager specialized in claims and disputes matters to be part of our globally connected and culturally aligned Forensic & Integrity team.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with a diverse portfolio of clients across all industries, you’ll develop quality solutions for some of the most challenging dispute cases around.
- You will be required to work on commercial disputes, transaction disputes, probate and matrimonial disputes, expert determinations and professional negligence claims.
- Work closely with our clients and their legal representatives on their needs, analyze data and evidence.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of work experience
- Professional accountancy qualification in addition to other specialist certification such as, ACFE or ACAMS.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand, digest, explain and analyze financial and non-financial information.
- Prepared written reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Awareness and knowledge of regulatory environment and local legislation in relation of Fraud, Listing requirements,
- Knowledge and awareness, including enforcement trends for International Anti-Bribery/ corruption related regulations such as the FCPA, UK Bribery Act.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Have experience in liaising with external legal teams, other experts, police, criminal prosecutors and regulatory enforcers
- Familiarity with financial models and concepts
- Familiarity with testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges – being able to articulate pros and cons to an argument
What we look for
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
- Strong communication skills and command over spoken and written English.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Working with EY Forensics will involve travel. You should be willing to travel on work, sometimes on a very short notice.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.