Integration Specialist (Unit Registry/Transfer Agency)
Who we are
Our core principles of service, expertise and integrity have guided us from our start as a Chicago bank in 1889 to our position as a multi-faceted global financial services provider. Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.
Our focus on employee work/life balance, diversity, career mobility and unique opportunities are among the reasons we’ve been named one of America's Best Large Employers and recognized as an employer of choice around the world
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
What you will do
Reporting to the Head of Australian Transfer Agency you will be responsible for the integration and management of daily workflow of the external unit registry / transfer agent to Northern Trust applications ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of information to key stakeholders.
You will act as a SME assisting client and internal stakeholders with support and query resolution. This role will also involve managing complex projects dealing with multiple business units on items such as strategic change management, new business transitions and process change.
In addition to the above you will:
- Assist with relationship management of the third party registry provider
- Act as a liaison between the third party registry provider and internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for daily workflow of all registry activity through NT applications to internal stakeholders
- Understand the workflow dependencies on investment operations, custody administration and fund accounting internal stakeholder
- Be responsible for leading the unit registry stream and integration with NT applications during client transitions, coordinating system configuration, static data, testing and operational signoffs
- Coordinate deliverables during peak processing periods (i.e. financial year end)
- Utilise your past experience to identify potential risks in operational processes
- Strong client service focus
- Technical knowledge of registry, custody systems, and transaction and cashflow capture tools as well as file translation applications (i.e. Markit EDM)
- 8+ years’ experience working unit registry/investment operation/custody operations
- Unit registry / transfer agent with exposure to wholesale and retail funds strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the regulatory requirements of a unit registry, custodian and fund accountant
- Excellent at written and verbal communication
- Able to develop internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.