The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The CoRep Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for reporting financial data to the Central Bank of Ireland, PRA & EBA/JST, as well as daily interactions with other key stakeholders including Finance, Risk, Credit, Capital Management and Business Partners across the Group.
The team consistently offers individuals the opportunity to develop their career and increase their profile with senior management.
Purpose of the Role
The CoRep Reporting team is seeking to recruit a CoRep Reporting Manager focusing on process improvement, stakeholder management, technical & data quality reviews, risk management activities (control updates, documentation), coaching and people mgt.
You will become part of a fast moving team focusing on ensuring the Group is reporting risk weighted assets & Capital in line with the European Banking Authority requirements through CoRep submissions & other Prudential returns. This is a highly sought after and topical role within the banking sector which will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to engage with colleagues across the organisation and also increase their profile with Senior Management
- Engage with Group wide change projects to ensure regulatory requirements for CoRep reporting are clearly understood and delivered.
- Lead or support the design & delivery of reporting solutions for new and ad-hoc regulatory reporting, engaging relevant stakeholders and Group functions, e.g. Risk, Finance, Treasury functions.
- Challenge reporting solutions and data sources and drive process improvement.
- Working with colleagues across the Group, ensuring effective collaboration, communication and development of solutions.
- Identifying, managing, mitigating risks and, where appropriate, escalating risk and issues timely for resolution.
- Contribute to a high performing team that is rising to the challenge of an ever changing regulatory environment.
What is the opportunity
You will work with a dynamic & supportive team, in a professional and friendly environment. Working closely with colleagues in our specialist reporting teams your work will help to ensure that the Group meets its ever changing regulatory obligations, while also providing you with the opportunity to gain essential business & regulatory insights which will help develop your career and open up future opportunities.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills & Experience
- CoRep experience essential
- Evidence of delivery within a demanding environment, to tight deadlines while managing conflicting priorities;
- Ability to liaise with and manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders;
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills with the ability to constructively challenge both outputs and processes;
- Evidence of operating in a professional manner - self-starter who takes pride in their work, demonstrates strong attention to detail, control focus and appropriate delivery ownership;
- Strong team player who works well with others and supports colleagues;
- Ability to deliver change and improve current processes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft excel & knowledge of SAS an advantage
Hold a relevant Third-level qualification in mathematics, statistics, IT, Business, Finance Accounting or another discipline involving a significant numerical element.
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Champion Transformation - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 22, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.