Mercury Finance Business Advisor
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources, methodologies and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge/Research and Risk Management.
With a wide choice of experience offerings, you could develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Mercury Business Advisor (MBA) is a key finance role focusing in providing finance advisory support across Accounts and Engagements. The MBA will collaborate with key stakeholders and other Core Business Service functions to ensure effective and consistent finance support rendered to the assigned Service Lines leaderships. The MBA key roles are to provide insights, conduct analysis and perform financial modeling on key account projects, to enable leadership to minimize financial risks and maximize performance.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive solutions to meet the evolving needs of accounts and engagements, while maximizing service quality and managing demand and cost
- Facilitate compliant on project engagements, outset from pursuit pricing focus on equitable margin sharing. Identify key engagement risks, initiate CBTS review and manage review of committed projects
- Leverage global / area best practice to review, formulate and drive execution of initiatives to achieve better working capital management
- Deliver financial insights to leadership, including monthly performance against targets and forecast expectations
- Supervise execution of Markets Finance initiatives for example global fee sharing, margin initiatives, strategic opportunities, SL integration, middle market initiatives and portfolio analysis.
- Establish network with cross region engagement lifecycle leads to drive Mercury readiness and ongoing knowledge sharing across deployed countries
- Effectively engages with clients to seek feedback and deliver continuous service improvement
- Build strong key stakeholder relationship and stay connected with the business and functional experts
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong ability to demonstrate flexibility by successfully teaming across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Strong ability to stay resilient by maintaining momentum and optimism amongst the whole team, despite near term pressures and setbacks
- Able to work in a highly self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple projects and priorities
- A successful track record of implementing business change initiatives, with strong change management skillset including influencing and stakeholder management
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial management complexities and challenges of large and complex accounts and engagements. Ability to provide solutions and maximize margin
- Comfortable facilitating knowledge sharing sessions across large group of audience
To qualify for the role you must have
- A graduate in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance or related courses
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial business partner and management accountant ideally in professional services environment
- Acquire Professional recognised global accounting certification
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in an external client serving role in a professional services organisation is desirable to be able to look at issues from a client serving perspective
- Familiarity with SAP
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken. Ability to run effective presentations
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing working environment. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.