Forensic Accountant - Senior Consultant UKI Assurance
Who are we?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference byhelping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
The role – qualified accountant/senior consultant level
Forensic accountants in our Forensic & Integrity Services team help clients to deal with the complex issues of fraud, business disputes and regulatory compliance which could otherwise detract from their efforts to achieve their company’s potential. As part of this team, you’ll draw on your knowledge of fraud assessment, monitoring and prevention to identify issues that need to be addressed.
As a forensic accountant, you will be involved in all areas of delivering our highly varied services to our clients, which include:
- Fact-finding and fraud investigations, consisting of the review of client information including e- mails and other correspondence, financial and management accounts, general ledger information and other company records.
- Interviewing fraud suspects and other individuals to support the information obtained during the investigation.
- Reporting the results of investigations to clients, law firms, legal authorities and other stakeholders.
- Commercial disputes, including assisting law firms in determining liability and quantum for loss of profits claims, contract disputes, transaction disputes and other legal cases.
- Assisting in the preparation of expert witness reports for disputes to be submitted as evidence in court proceedings.
- Background checks and asset tracing investigations, using specialised databases to identify assets owned by individuals or companies, relationships between parties and prior criminal or political associations.
- Networking with potential clients and maintaining strong relationships with our existing clients and contacts.
- Collaborating with other teams in EY on a variety of engagements.
Helping to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members and helping them to develop.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of people from diverse backgrounds including internal and external audit, tax, restructuring and advisory practices. While we do not necessarily expect candidates to have prior forensic accounting experience, experience in some or all of the following would be advantageous:
- Auditing companies and general accounts preparation
- Analysing financial information including financial statements and management accounts
- Review of policies and procedures, internal processes and controls
- Understanding and analysing business processes
- Managing relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Budget and project management
- Preparation of forensic/expert witness reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Coaching and mentoring other staff members
- Strong motivation and interest in working in forensic accounting
- Strong academic record including a degree (in any subject)
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information
- Skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Assertive and confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations
- Critical thinking skills with very good attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.