Tax Manager - Wealth & Asset Management (FSO): The Bahamas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization that encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and the Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager in our wealth & asset management tax practice, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will manage tax compliance accounts for hedge funds and or private equity funds. You will review extensive securities analysis, make appropriate tax adjustments, and provide sign-off for the production and delivery of K-1’s and partnership tax returns. You will be responsible for reviewing partnership agreements and private placement memorandums for tax implications of items such as book and tax allocations, stuffing provisions, management and incentive fees as well as run the day to day activities on the accounts that are spread across various locations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical knowledge in the asset management tax area
- Ability to analyse trading reports for tax character and book tax differences, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and other securities issues
- The ability to teach or assist with firm in-house trainings
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager – and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a business discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 4 years of relevant tax experience
- A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognized accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification is required
- The ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the wealth & asset management industry, which may include mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds or other investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
- A thorough understanding of building client relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in hard-working team players who are comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. You’ll also need to be a detail-oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as bring creative solutions to the job every day.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, a competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.