Senior/Assistant Manager - FS Tax - VAT
Who are we?
Market-leading growth in our Financial Services Indirect Tax (VAT) team has created an opportunity for a strong and ambitious professional to join the team. You will be able to own projects, develop indirect tax technology offerings and work with the management team to further identify business opportunities. You will have the support of a strong team with proven expertise in this area and the opportunity to progress, learn and accelerate your career.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in the Financial Services industry as part of a globally integrated network of specialists with high quality Big 4 tax, tax authority, legal, commercial and technology backgrounds. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand for delivery of a wide range of Indirect Tax operational advisory services including review of client operating models; process & control recommendations; indirect tax technology offerings and risk advisory services. We are looking for an individual to help build solutions for some of the largest FS clients on the practical implementation and management of VAT, including how to best embrace process optimisation and technology in the delivery of end to end quality solutions.
For the right candidate this role will be a springboard to a successful career in tax and technology - we have an excellent track record of internal promotions and place development at the centre of our people strategy. We’re an active and friendly team and are excited about the fast growth of our group. You will work closely with the managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
The projects that the team are working on are innovative and strategic which makes it one of the most exciting places to work in tax, but also a place where you can learn and build upon your understanding of a broad range of Indirect Tax concepts to develop your career as a skilled and trusted tax professional.
Your key responsibilities
- Ensure delivery of quality end to end solutions for our clients
- Have direct responsibility for supervising, supporting and mentoring junior team members, building them into high performing tax professionals
- Take an active role in both developing and delivering our Indirect Tax teams strategy and our day to day to operations
Skills and attributes for success
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, providing exceptional levels of client service through innovative solutions
- Negotiation skills, able to gain buy-in and handle challenges
- Strong commercial acumen with good business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities by proactively managing existing client relationships and winning new clients
- Successful delivery of complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
- Excellent time managements skills with proven ability to effectively managing competing demands
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to identify and address core issues
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- A strong interest in using data analytics, process improvements and/or technology to transform tax
- A strong interest in finding better ways of carrying out tasks
- You will have worked either in a tax technical role, a tax technology role or a data analytics role either in practice or industry
- Ability to build strong client relationships and commercially aware
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Strong practical and commercial experience having advised clients, or worked ‘in-house’
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and manage effective, inclusive teams
Ideally, you will also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Hands on experience of Alteryx, python, R or other data analytical/ visualisation tools will be a distinct advantage
- Experience working within Financial Services
What will I be doing?
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
- Determining solutions to fit individual client requirements
- Development of new technology enabled solutions
- Delivery of pre-existing technology solutions
- End to end VAT process reviews to identify potential risks, and develop a target operating model
- EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
- At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.