Audit Senior Manager, UKI Assurance, Edinburgh or Glasgow
At EY, our UKI Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. From small companies to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex Assurance procedures across a range of industries.
You’ll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to help your clients respond to regulatory reforms, manage their capital life-cycle and improve their business operations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Delivering value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications
- Ensuring engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner
- Securing and enhancing relationships with senior client management
- Being a proactive leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon
To qualify for the role you must have
- Proven experience in managing a number of major external audit and assurance engagements (FTSE 100 ideal)
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in energy
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Project/financial management skills, ensure multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients
- Team and peer leadership skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.