Why apply for this role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Statutory Reporting and Internal Controls team which is part of Gesban, who play an important role within Santander by providing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Santander UK and its subsidiaries.
You'll be involved in financial reporting including: IFRS9 reporting, customer analysis, Treasury and intercompany reconciliations and projects in connection with the retail and corporate banks that make up SanUK.
What you'll be doing
- Reporting accurate month, quarter and year-end figures providing detailed analysis for UK and group external reporting
- Taking ownership of processes related to IFRS 9 provisions, corporate customer reporting and treasury postings
- Preparing monthly journals and related AORP reconciliations for the retail and corporate banks.
- Investigating intercompany differences by liaising with other entity accountants to facilitate their clearance
- Maintaining up to date process documentation for all own processes ensuring EUC compliance
- Supporting projects related to new systems / products or that aim to improve overall quality and efficiency in processes and deliverables to stakeholders
What we're looking for
- An accounting qualification such as ACA / ACCA / CIMA - at least part qualified is essential
- Experience in accounting principles, month/year end reporting in a financial environment is essential
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all stakeholders
- Proactive, task focused and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.