The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Finance has an excellent Financial Controller role within the Retail Ireland Division specifically relating to Director Business Banking (DBB/ BIF). This role will report to the Senior Financial Controller, ROI Divisional team.
The Business Banking Financial Control team within Retail Ireland is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the Bank's Asset Finance, Commercial Finance, Leasing, Invoice Discounting & Unit Stocking portfolio alongside the unit's Syndicated loan Portfolio and Scribe investments. The outputs of the team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal stakeholders.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
Purpose of the Role
The Financial Controller leads the responsibility in ensuring that the financial, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements of the Business Banking unit are delivered on a timely basis and to a high standard of accuracy.
The role holder has responsibility in the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information to support effective decision making and review. In addition it is expected that the role holder will drive the roll out of best practice in process improvement and systems enhancement.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that the underlying process, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice;
- Responsible for the review and delivery of statutory workings and disclosure notes, Finrep disclosure notes, ensuring adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file;
- Responsible for the review and delivery of subsidiary entity statutory financial statements, and the facilitation of the audit and tax review process for the Business Banking subsidiaries, alongside the overall presentation of the final deliverables to the Board members.
- Flexible team member; sharing knowledge and proactively supporting continuous improvement initiatives to deliver process efficiencies, while also ensuring the delivery of changes arising
- Responsible for the completion of ad-hoc projects and requests in support of team goals and the Bank's strategic priorities
What is the opportunity
The role is a stimulating and diverse one, where the role holder has the opportunity to provide commercially insightful analysis of financial performance. This role offers excellent opportunity to interact and work with both senior finance stakeholders and the business partner team.
The role will give great exposure to a wide range of banking activities, and covers assisting with the production, review and analysis of high quality financial and management reports.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in the ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
A qualified accountant, with relevant Finance experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on own initiative and manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines;
- Flexible team player who will promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the team;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders;
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way;
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of the SAP general ledger and BCS consolidation systems.
- Experience of Financial Services.
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Champion Transformation - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Sep 21, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.