Senior Executive Global Outsourcing - Bristol
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Are you looking to further your career in accountancy? We are looking for a senior experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. We are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO’s Bristol Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. We are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to our breadth of existing clients. We require a Senior Executive to help us deliver exceptional client service to our expanding client base.
We’ll help you succeed
The Senior Executive will take day to day responsibility for management of their client and dedicated team, to ensure that KPI’s are achieved. They will be able to work autonomously, solving issues raised by the client and their team, and dealing with conflicting priorities. They will have primary responsibility for ensuring that inputs, outputs and project management are of the highest quality. The Senior Executive will be a role model to the junior team members, demonstrating BDO values and providing exceptional client service. They must also be a team player, working effectively with both the management team and the delivery team. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing client responses to reviews and following up on outstanding issues with the client
- Preparing accountants’ reports and client required schedules
- Reviewing the work of junior team members
- Clearing manager/director review points
- Performing day to day project management for a specific client (eg monitoring KPI’s and team workload, prioritising tasks, understanding the status of all open reviews)
- Acting as the main contact point for their client, dealing with issues, responding to client requests and building strong working relationships
- Raising issues with managers when required, and providing solutions
- Undertaking client visits, taking more junior members of the team to meet clients
- Providing training to clients
- Performing walkthrough testing
- Writing client reports and quarterly performance reports
- Involvement in new client transitions
- Managing and coaching junior team members
- Leading delivery team meetings and internal training sessions
- Delegating tasks where necessary and facilitating team working to ensure that files are completed within the KPIs
- Leading client conference calls
- Developing a strong technical knowledge base, and sharing this with the team
- Becoming a leader in implementing process improvements and efficiencies
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff highly desirable
- Experience providing assurance services desirable but not essential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days ’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.