Senior Manager - Property Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy (incl x15), Risk, Human Resources, Legal, and Remediation Finance functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses, providing strategic support, financial and management reporting and collaborating regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
Property Finance partner with Group Corporate Services provide advice on financial management and strategy related to the Group’s property portfolio, and property related projects. The role also partners with all areas of CommBank to provide insight and analysis related to the costs associated with the Group Corporate Services
The purpose of this role is to lead the Property Finance team in partnering with the senior leadership of the Group Corporate Services businesses, understanding their businesses and providing financial and management reporting for them. This role will be reporting into the Executive Manager, Group Support Services Finance, with 2 Managers as direct reports.
Do work that matters
- Financial management & control: Lead a team delivering on all financial aspects including planning, forecasting, financial reporting & control spend for Group Corporate Services’ capital projects (annual spend ~$0.2bn and Balance Sheet ~$1bn) and impact of IFRS 16 including modelling (Balance Sheet ~$2.5bn and P&L ~$0.5bn).
- Business partnering: Partner with the business to understand drivers of their costs and provide insightful, timely, accurate reporting.
- Stakeholder management: Understand and manage the financials of key stakeholders, articulate key business drivers and provide value add analysis to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance financial models (including ensuring appropriate process to maintain valid inputs) to support IFRS 16 calculations, noting we are currently in the process of transition to new real estate management system.
- Assess and prepare accounting papers, with guidance from technical accounting team and clearly communicate financial impact to key stakeholders.
- Successful management of the systems that support delivery, including delivery of any projects to enhance systems and processes, including implementing new real estate management system.
- Embed and review of controls and processes across the Property team and Property Finance team from an IFRS 16 perspective.
- Process improvement: Embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identify and deliver on opportunities for business and process improvements, and new self-service reporting via Tableau and other automation activities.
- Leadership: Lead a team, acting as a role model and building a strong performance culture.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Property experience (preferred but not essential)
- 10+ years large corporate, financial services experience
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables
- Technical accounting skills (IFRS 16 experience preferred but not essential)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact with senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and high degree of commercial acumen
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Financial modelling experience
- Leadership & Team management- including talent development and coaching
- Continuous improvement focus.
- Innovative and able to drive results across a large organization.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/09/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.