Financial Services Manager
We’re thrilled you are thinking of joining us!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the financial systems team, the successful candidate will help to manage the delivery of core finance processes ensuring that HEE effectively carries out its statutory functions including, accounting, compliance to standing orders and SFIs and DHSC reporting requirements. . Working to the Senior Financial Accountant the Financial Services Manager – will support the financial control of the organisation including AP/AR Balance sheet and reporting, Annual Accounts and Audit.
Main duties of the job
The post is expected to ensure good management of the financial ledger in particular the operation of all AP/AR processes to support the integrity of HEE’s balance sheet.
- Primary contact point with our shared service provider
- Act as key link with managers to identify improvements to increase transactional efficiencies, managing the implementation of associated process changes.
- Lead the Agreement of Balances (AoB) process for Debtors/Creditors and liaison with Income/Expenditure agreements and support the delivery of all reporting deadlines.
- Finance training
- Management of staff to ensure the provision of an efficient, high quality and customer-focused service.
- Lead the recruitment development processes with the team to be fully trained and appraised to perform their duties.
- Contribute to the monthly and annual financial accounts process
- Main approver of HEE's all payments types
- To support with ad-hoc project work as required
- Main contact for NHS Government Banking Service (GBS)
Working for our organisation
The systems team exists to support the business of Health Education England managing nearly £5 billion of funding across England. Working to the Senior Financial Accountant the Financial services manager will support the financial control of the organisation
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
If you like what you have read and think you have the skills and experience, we need then don't delay, apply today! We get lots of applications for our roles and so we sometimes have to close our posts early. Don't miss out!
Applicants will commence at the bottom of Band 7 with a full-time starting salary of £40,057, with pay step increases after 2 years’ service and 5 years’ service.
For posts based in Inner London, the above salaries will include the additional supplement of 20% of basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of £4,473 per annum and a maximum payment of £6,890 per annum.
This is offered in accordance with NHS Terms and Conditions and is based on office location.
- CCAB qualified
- Educated to post graduate level or equivalent level of knowledge of working at a similar level in Finance
- Specialist knowledge across a range of procedures and practices which require expertise within finance underpinned by theoretical or practical finance knowledge or experience
Experience and Knowledge
- Specialist understanding of NHS finance Frameworks, understanding best practice, and public sector finance regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial systems & financial accounting principles, techniques, and tools
- Experience of the annual accounts process and related correspondence at senior manager level
- Management of staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure the provision of an efficient, high quality and customer-focused service
Skills and Abilities
- Skills in implementation of full end to end financial procedures and governance in line with organisations Standing financial instructions and standing orders
- Is a role model for team in terms of delivery of high financial performance and instils a culture of high performance within team and develops ability in others to manage time effectively and respond positively and flexibly to differing workloads and priorities
- Present complex, sensitive or contentious financial information to large groups or differing stakeholder groups where challenge or resistance may exist e.g. formal presentations, representation at formal meetings
- Able to effectively manage a team and plan and co-ordinate the delivery of a broad range of complex finance tasks or programmes of work over medium term which would require the formulation of strategic plans and have impact across own department and wider organisation.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.