Product Manager (Tax - APAC)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Finance Infrastructure is an internal EY Finance organization that is part of EY’s Global Controllership. Finance Infrastructure helps support several key Finance Products including Mercury (which is EY’s SAP centric platform supporting Customer to Cash processes). Finance Infrastructure is part of the Mercury Support Team (MST) which is an organization jointly owned by the business and IT. The MST is a centralized and global organization that provides operational support for an integrated, SAP-centric platform (Mercury) and manages and supports the Mercury user community. The MST plays an integral governance role in the global Mercury solution and will evolve to work closely with the business to enable the benefit and value to be realized from the investment in Mercury and to set the future direction and technology road map.
Product Managers play a key role in both driving and enhancing the benefit and value from the Mercury solution. Product Managers collaborate with the business to elicit requirements and translate them into viable technical and/or process solutions aligned with the overall organization strategy and road map. The Product Manager will facilitate the tax product alignment and standardization and will support the development and validation of designated enhancements designed to enable ongoing product transformation, efficiency and the achievement of identified KPIs.
Your key responsibilities
The Product Managers’ scope of responsibility includes supporting their functional area to ensure the success of the technical and process solutions across a large global client base. In this capacity, they may direct team members toward a common solution, coordinate the activities with other functional and technical teams and work with the global clients to understand the necessary requirements for product and service improvement.
- Oversees all aspects of the process and product or sub-product.
- Develops and delivers presentations to help clients undesrtand their product's functionality.
- Creates executive summaries to help clients understand the functional and financial impacts of issues
- Manages impacts to other processes and products
- Leverages feedback solicited from the business into workload prioritization efforts
- Oversees product update and enhancement lifecycle with emphasis on demand, requirements, validation, and securing business signoff
- Participates in requirements review, validation activities, test case reviews, and user acceptance testing for functionality developed by the Program
- Manages functional incidents and service requests through full lifecycle (through closure)
- Provides technical incident, service request, and problem tickets management oversight and prioritization
- Provides technical solutions leveraging Onesource and/or SAP functionality to drive proper tax determination and reporting
- Provides major incident oversight and communicates status to the business in a timely manner
- Oversees SLA compliance for all workloads and re-prioritizes tickets if necessary
- Understands and assesses the financial impacts of incidents related to disrupted product processes – assisting the business work through complex errors and reconciliations
- Analyzes batch failures/errors and summarize findings in reports to the business
- Advises and assists L2 resources as needed
- Conducts analyses of lifecycle work performed by Product Management Team and IT to identify design flaws and realize process efficiencies
Skills and attributes for success
In this role, the Product Manager will have responsibility for the tax functions of the Mercury Solution. From a technology perspective, this role covers SAP integration with Thomson Reuters’ Onesource (formerly Sabrix) and/or native SAP for indirect & withholding tax determination, as well as Onesource, SAP ECC, and SAP BW products for tax reporting. From an industry perspective, this role covers global tax policies and procedures in a professional services environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in a large business system environment, performing business analysis, business development, and/or project systems management with a preferred focus on SAP tax module as well as third-party tax engine (Onesource preferred, or Vertex) integration with SAP, as well as SAP ECC FI (Tax, new GL, AP, AR, FA), SD, MM, VIM
- Working knowledge and experience with capabilities of Onesource Reporting as well as SAP ECC and BW reporting
- Working expertise of indirect and withholding law, statutory filing and compliance, and audit requirements across the APAC area
- Ability to rely upon and build a network of SMEs to assist in conducting research and validating business requirements
- Proficiency to demonstrate solid communication skills, and prior experience working with key business stakeholders/leadership
- Flexibility in working schedule to meet demands of a 24x7 production support environment, including peak demand periods such as accounting period-end close and statutory filing deadlines
- Project management training, practical application, business analysis, sales, marketing, business development or relationship management experience is preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Direct experience with technical execution of indirect tax procedures and withholding tax configuration for APAC countries (special focus on localizations within more complex tax regimes)
- Direct experience in complex management activities, such as business development, application development/deployment
- Direct experience in managing staff and budget
- Fluency in language(s) other than English used across the APAC area
What we look for
The Product Manager acts as an ambassador for the technical solution in their respective functional area(s) across Mercury. The Product Manager will provide expertise and guidance in relation to technology-enabled business products. They will own the integration of their Mercury designated specialty with other modules and will assist in managing initiatives, projects and third-party consultants working within their functional area.
What we offer
Reward statement plus an outline of the culture and environment in this part of the firm. If not covered elsewhere, this may include language about the interesting, varied and important work; the freedom and autonomy you’ll have in the role; the feedback you will receive that you can learn from to achieve mastery at something; opportunities for personal growth and career advancement; or who and how you will be connected to others. Plus we offer;
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.