Personal Tax Manager, Private Client Services, EY, Belfast
The EY Private Client Services team in Belfast act for a wide range of High net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, private equity principals, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives, as well as a range of onshore and offshore Trusts. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, transaction and reorganisation advice, optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing team with a supported flexible approach to working, and proven progression potential. The opportunity is a mixed private client role with emphasis on compliance but also offering advisory opportunities where there is interest in this area.
The role of manager within the team will have emphasis on the management of self-assessment tax compliance for a varied range of clients, together with the opportunity to deliver a range of private client advisory projects and services, depending on wider interest in this area.
The right individual will be technically competent with previous practical experience in reviewing complex self-assessment tax returns. Experience in delivery of private client tax advisory engagements is also preferred but not essential.
The manager will also play a role co-managing & coaching the PCS team, supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
Your key responsibilities:
- Efficient management, review and sign-off a mixed portfolio of private client tax compliance and related services.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and colleagues, and providing excellent client service, identifying opportunities and managing expectations.
- Mentoring and technical support of the team.
- Assistance to the senior team on more technical project or advisory work, where appropriate.
- Opportunity to be involved in business development opportunities.
Skills and Experience required for the role
- Relevant/appropriate tax experience in a similar role.
- Efficient technical review of a mixed portfolio of private client’s tax compliance and related services.
- Management and deliveryof client expectations, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to the team
- Ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budgets and fees.
- Ability to integrate with new teams quickly and build effective relationships at all levels
- Confident with good relationship skills and ability to manage client expectations
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- CTA preferred; or
- ATT/ACA/CA/ACCA with relevant tax experience
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.