Head of Registration Services - IFDSL, VP
International Financial Data Services Luxembourg S.A. (“IFDSL”) is the largest transfer agent in the Luxembourg fund administration market. IFDSL is a joint venture between State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, and SS&C Technologies, a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services and software for the global financial services and healthcare industries.
The IFDSL Registration Services Team is responsible for the maintenance of a fund’s shareholder register. Maintenance of the register includes the on-boarding of new shareholders; updating of shareholder static data; AML/KYC reviews, sanction screening and shareholder tax reporting in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements.
The Head of Registration Services will be responsible for managing a team of Registration Services managers and administrators. He/she will be a senior manager of IFDSL reporting to the Chief Operations Officer of IFDSL. The role requires Client and IFDS Senior Management contact as well as some engagement with State Street Bank and SS&C stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Operations senior management team lead, direct and manage TA Operations and contribute to the leadership of IFDS Europe as required. Work with fellow VPs to support the COO and deputise in their absence, as required
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Develop trusted relationships with clients, vendors, auditors, peers, and stakeholders
- Model ethical behaviors and leadership skills set out in corporate standards.
- Manage complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred by clients and stakeholders
- Actively encourage and practice clear, open, and direct communication. Demonstrate strategies for influencing and negotiating with others
- Foster an environment that is risk-aware and control-focused. Liaise with the Compliance, Risk Management, and Business Control Teams to escalate any AML/KYC or operational issues and ensure swift resolution and appropriate remediation
- Work closely with the Compliance team on changes to Luxembourg regulations and laws. Oversee the drafting and implementing of updated or new departmental procedures resulting from changes in regulations or laws.
- Promote and implement continuous process improvement including off-shoring and automation
- Set SMART objectives for staff performance and evaluate staff during periodic assessments. Engage in promotion and succession planning with other IFDSL senior managers. Advocate recognition and rewarding of excellence
- Analyse team composition and any impacts related to the on-boarding or off-boarding of clients. Request and justify new headcount requirements in the local team and any outsourced locations.
Experience & Knowledge
- Sound procedural, technical, and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This knowledge should be complemented with an understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody, and fund industry regulations especially Luxembourg AML/KYC regulations.
- Strong understanding of operational process design and operational risk management
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing, decision-making, planning, and coordination skills.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Audit or equivalent professional qualifications or experience
- 10-12 years experience in a similar environment including at least 5-7 years in a management capacity.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Additional languages (e.g. German, French, Luxembourgish, Italian and/or Spanish) are considered assets.
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Change agent
- Excellent communications skills