About the role
We are currently looking for a Cost Controller to support the Balfour Beatty Vinci joint venture for the HS2 project in Birmingham.
This is a significant role in establishing Project Budget and monthly Cost Reports by running systems for collecting, analysing, verifying, and reporting financial performance
What you'll be doing
- Prepares sublots budget with site management.
- Ensures adequate coding of all recorded expenses,
- On a weekly basis review labour and plant reports
- On a monthly basis:
- Collects main quantities and work site progress from other departments (QS, Design and Construction) and generates earned value
- Ensures with Financial Department all costs and accruals are recorded during the month closing,
- Participates to the monthly cost report issuance with the preparation of the Cost Value Reconciliation Report (CVR)
- Conducts analysis between earned value and planned value
- Conducts analysis on CVR variances: Self-Delivery Analysis (outputs, manhours, rates, quantities, machine efficiencies) and Subcontracted works (coordinates with QS adequate analysis of the main changes (quantities, rates, CEs)
- Prepares end of site trend/Rolling Forecast
- Maintains monitoring systems for all cost indicators, targets and standards Management & Performances requested,
- Prepares Ad hoc analysis of costs, scenarios, efficiencies, if & when requested
- Alerts management on budget variations and proposes improvement axis & actions plans to prevent recurring variations
- Alert management for all irregularities detected
Who we're looking for
- Relevant experience gained within a contracting/projects environment is preferable but not essential, ideally as a Project Cost Accountant or Project Cost Controller.
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills.
- They will be a self-starter, highly motivated, energetic and dedicated, with a strong track record of promotion in the organisations that they have worked in.
Please note - The role may require some travel, but will be predominantly based in Site offices
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.