Internal Controls Lead
Purpose of role:
Enhancing the control environment for the Primark group by developing and supporting delivery of centralised Internal Controls function initiatives, including implementation of legislative requirements for controls over financial reporting
Internal Controls Manager, Primark
- Develop the documentation of E2E processes, Process Maps, creation of RACMs and the identification of recommendations for remediation and improvement
- Support the team with delivering against legislative requirements such as the upcoming UK legislation on Controls over Financial Reporting
- Educate and advise Global Process Owners and Internal Control Specialists in reviewing their documentation, implementing control improvements and change management
- Lead engagement with third party providers supporting the team, as relevant
- Deliver monthly control reporting pack to senior finance stakeholders
- Work closely with the team to drive the development and implementation of a GRC tool
- Represent Internal Controls Function on large systems implementations to ensure controls are appropriately considered at system design stage
- Plan, manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Present findings and status updates to management in a clear and concise format
- Maintain awareness of control best practice as relevant for Primark
- Engage with and build strong relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Work closely with second and third line functions, such as Internal Audit, on control learnings
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required
- Approx. 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in at least one of the following:
- Big 4 practice, running Finance Transformation or Controls Programme Advisory projects
- In industry, in an Internal Controls specific role
- In a U.S. multinational, directly involved in implementing SOx requirements
- Experience in flow-charting and associated rules is essential
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously is essential
- Experience in Change Management is desirable
- Strong report writing skills
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of information as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Significant ability to critically evaluate information and apply strong, analytical decision making in assessment of same.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust