Finance Assistant - Sales Ledger
Park Cameras is a leading independent specialist photography retailer, with state-of-the-art stores in Burgess Hill and central London. We aspire to sell great kit, at great prices, with honest advice and always with a smile. As well as selling the latest gear, we buy & sell used equipment and offer a wide range of photo printing services and photographic courses. We offer unrivalled customer service and superior product knowledge, maintaining a range of more than 10,000 products with next-day delivery available through our fast-growing internet business. Family-owned and run since 1971, we now employ over 65 people and have won over 75 customer service awards. Investment across the business has seen sales growth of over 65% in the last 3 years, and we are now planning further growth across all of our sales channels.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fast-paced Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s sales ledger - including running daily cashing up process for two stores and contact centre. Reconciling discrepancies and solving issues.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated team player with strong attention to detail, be highly organised, accurate and methodical. You will have an enquiring mind, positive attitude, willingness to learn and desire to solve problems. You will be competent using accounts software, confident using Microsoft Excel (formulas, but not macros) and have excellent numerical skills. You will of course be trustworthy and honest.
You will have previous experience working within an accounts department (some formal AAT training would be advantageous but not essential).
An interest in photography would be helpful (but is not a necessity).
Managing all aspects of the sales ledger – including:
- Running the daily cashing up process across two physical stores and contact centre
- Running daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Reconciling discrepancies and resolving any issues
- Recording and reconciling daily bank statements
- Reconciling control accounts (cards, BACS, PayPal, Third party Finance)
- Managing B2B (credit) sales, payments, new credit approval
- Credit control
Overseeing the ‘supplier credits’ process:
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of available credit schemes across all suppliers
- Working with the buying team to ensure all available credits are claimed
- Recording and monitoring supplier credits on the internal web system
- Ensuring that supplier credits are paid and liaising with suppliers as required
- Opening and processing daily post
- Filing and general administration
- Assisting with other finance function duties, including Purchase Ledger as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
Please email a CV and covering letter via the form below.