Middle Office, Senior Associate
The position will support and maintain the production processing of multiple clients'
New Accounts, Transfers, Terminations, and maintenance changes. The position will interface daily with the client’s front office personal and serve as a single point of contact with the client for all New Account Launches, Closures, Custody Conversions, Account Restructures, Mergers, and Asset Transfers. Position has daily Client SLA’s and must meet internal cycles in order for the client to trade the following day.
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Portfolio Control, Trade Settlement and Security Master. Builds cooperative and professional internal/external relationships, and utilizes all available resources throughout the organization, to achieve group and client goals.
Job duties & responsibilities:
- Complete the day to day responsibilities of the team within a strong risk management and controlled environment while eliminating risk incidents and errors.
- Completion of the review and verification of peer's work on a daily basis, following stringent procedures and controls.
- Coordination for all new account activity and maintenance across all impacted business teams within IMS, including ownership for operational readiness within agreed upon timeframes
- Support for the set up and maintenance of accounts across multiple applications, including recordkeeping and data warehouses
- Act as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise, identify and resolve work-processing issues, make suggestions to streamline operations.
- Research routine issues and inquiries. Resolve discrepancies and take action on routine matters and inquiries from external clients and internal departments.
- Maintain documented workflows, procedures and controls.
- Determine impact of activity to other areas.
- Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
- Interface with internal and external clients and other departments on complex matters and inquiries.
- Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics.
- Engage in complex special projects and assignments.
- Cover various supervisory functions when necessary.
- Performs work independently and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects.
- Develops processes, procedures and controls.
- Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
Minimum job specifications:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
- 4 plus years related financial industry experience including 2 years of operations experience
- Working knowledge of Domestic and International financial and all related instruments.
- Detailed understanding of operations.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problems solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, balance workload and work in a deadline oriented position.
- Ability to meet aggressive SLA Deadlines.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.