Payments - Manager - Denver, CO
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Business Consulting Manager - Financial Services - Business Transformation - Payments
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Business Transformation practice offers global and regional financial services clients the assistance needed to improve their performance in a rapidly changing business environment. We assemble experienced multidisciplinary teams, use consistent and proven global methodologies and draw on the full breadth of EY’s global reach, depth of capabilities and knowledge. Collectively, the group has a comprehensive skill set, which supports the delivery of operations, technology, product, sales, compliance, and risk projects for top clients in the U.S. financial services industry.
The Payments Practice provides transformational services to a variety of payments providers including banks, Fintechs, merchant acquirers, processors, networks and corporates/merchants. EY provides multidisciplinary knowledge to support these clients in their growth and optimization journey whether it’s tackling technology transformation, addressing risk, optimizing global operations, or innovating for global growth.
You will have the chance to be part of a fast-moving, high-growth company. We offer variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Consulting is for you!
Your key responsibilities:
As a Manager, you’re likely to spend most of your time on operational and technical aspects of client business. You will manage and lead client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment and provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. You will be at the center of the engagement driving work while maintaining close ties with the client. This requires developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ unique needs and goals to effectively lead a workstream while delivering meaningful improvement insights. A manager will drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
You will be an active member in providing counselling and mentoring to junior consultants within the organization. Additionally, there will be multiple opportunities to build the practice through developing public facing materials that provide the market your consulting perspective on emerging opportunities in the payments space.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Consistently mentor and develop junior resources
- Develop trust-based relationships with clients
- Collaboratively define a delivery plan with your team and engagement leadership
- Relentlessly deliver exceptional client service
- Develop expertise in specific practice areas to increase knowledge base and capabilities
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree plus approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree plus approximately 4+ years of related work experience, specifically within Payments (Card, ACH, Real Time Payments, Cross Border, Digital Currency), Network processing, Money Movement, Card Issuing and Processing, Treasury and/or Cash Management, or Merchant Acquiring.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing industry and deep content knowledge in the payments
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a workstream through all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience creating detailed project plans, managing tasks and deliverables against the plan, reviewing outputs, and providing feedback to team members
- Ability to travel – you will likely spend a significant amount of time onsite with our clients. This travel can be as much as 50% to 80% of a work week and may be international.
- Consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or working experience within large global financial institution or payments provider
- Knowledge of KYC, AML, and payments compliance regulations
- Experience with operating model design to define target state business, operations, technology, and control partner functions
- Experience in core platform transformation to support the changing business and regulatory landscape, enabling the realization of strategic business priorities including improved client experience, market expansion and easier partner/correspondent banking integration
- Experience in design, testing, and implementation of technology-enabled solutions
- Experience in vendor assessment, selection, and transformation
- Experience in capability maturity model planning, roadmap development and investment prioritization for large-scale, strategic, and transformative initiatives
- Knowledge of payments risk and payments messaging standards, open banking/embedded finance
What we look for:
If you’re a natural leader, with a talent for motivating individuals, building relationships, and solving complex client problems, we’re interested in you. You’ll need to be ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. Top performers in this role will have strong experience contributing content to pursuits, collaboratively structuring work, managing teams, developing reusable collateral, and experience working with C-suite client executives. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, flexible vacation time to use at your discretion for rest, recreation and personal activities, 19 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- The salary range for this position is $109,000 - $216,300
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.