MSFS, Hedge Fund Accounting - Client Facing Manager, Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
An opportunity has arisen within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) for Client Account Managers. MSFS provides fund administration business to Hedge Fund clients. The Client Account Manager role has a direct impact on the success of the business; you will serve as the primary contact to hedge fund clients. The position requires strong communication, hedge fund accounting and relationship management skills together with in-depth industry experience.
- Acting as primary point of contact for hedge fund clients. Managing approximately 1-5 clients
- Coordinate with global colleagues across various groups (accounting, investor services, tax, analytics, middle office, cash, regulatory reporting) to identify and implement solutions to problems and leverage firm resources as appropriate to strengthen control environment
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of daily and monthly deliverables from the accounting services team
- Ensure timely delivery of audited financial statements
- Responsible for delivering a high touch, high quality client service product that meets and exceeds client expectations, improves client satisfaction over time and earns us the ability leverage the client as a reference
- Review and understand key fund organizational documents and fund setup
- Develop and enhance client relationships by coordinating regular client communications with global teams
- Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of the operational service model
- Look for opportunities to extend our overall service package to clients by promoting our complete suite of products in order to add more value for our clients and build alliance
- Enhance controls and manage operational risk for the business
- Extensive knowledge of complex hedge fund and/or private equity strategies and investor level accounting concepts
- Knowledge of different product types, including but not limited to derivatives, fixed income, options, equity instruments, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP and/or IFRS financial statement reporting requirements, including strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity structures
- Strong team, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and relationship management skills
- Undergraduate degree (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent)
- 5+ years prior experience in fund accounting related role
- Prior experience with an asset manager, fund administrator, or public accounting firm, preferred
- CPA/CA/Qualified license a plus but not required
- US Tax and UK Reporting requirements knowledge a plus but not required
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.