Deals, Transaction Services - Real Estate Valuations - Senior Manager
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Valuations practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps organisations unlock greater deal value by providing robust value opinions and transaction model business advisory. As part of the team, you’ll research financial risks, provide forecast analysis, and develop financial models that assists our team in providing fair and accurate valuation advice and ultimately helps our clients enhance their deal value.
About the role
We are looking to recruit an experienced, RICS qualified real estate valuer to join the team at a Senior Manager level in order to help provide additional bandwidth and facilitate growth.
The role would provide you with an opportunity to work on a range of client engagements and with a number of other teams within our co-located real estate advisory practice (e.g. corporate finance, restructuring, due diligence, strategy, tax and legal).
This is an exciting time to join our Valuations business, providing the opportunity to grow and develop your network and experience.
You will be active across all areas of our work and with exposure to clients and their advisors in order to support and develop our provision of real estate orientated advice to external and internal clients.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Carrying-out and overseeing the reviews of real estate asset valuations in support of audit, tax, dispute or transaction purposes. You would be expected to lead on the work and report directly to the relevant contact, under the supervision of a Director (or similar);
- Working on valuation, due diligence and corporate real estate assignments. This would typically be as part of a wider PwC team, however often requiring you to work independently on key work streams (depending on skills and experience);
- Undertake and review financial modelling as part of the valuation process;
- Preparation of presentations / reports;
- Coaching of more junior team members on client assignments;
- Working alongside other PwC teams / specialist lines of service (such as corporate finance, assurance, due diligence, tax or business valuations);
- Input into engagement acceptance and risk management procedures, including management and oversight of budgets and resources;
- Supporting and working alongside other senior team members in the development of new business in the sector, including preparation of proposals and pitches, attendance at presentations and identifying opportunities for sell-on of existing work.
Essential Skills and Experience
The following skills are required for this role:
- RICS qualified (or other similar real estate qualification) or with significant real estate advisory experience, with at least 5 years post qualification experience (a significant proportion of which should have been with a valuations focus)
- Good knowledge of commercial real estate markets
- Willingness to learn and take on a high degree of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in teams and, on occasion, to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Good MS Excel (and preferably some financial modelling experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good project and time management skills
- Professional verbal and written English
In addition, the following experience would also be preferable:
- Experience in real estate development valuations
- Experience in the valuation of operating assets (e.g. hotels)
- Some experience of restructuring or distressed situations
- Some financial reporting experience
You will be joining an experienced and diverse team who will welcome your outlook and knowledge while also helping you to broaden and deepen your understanding of real estate valuation and advisory.
You will also have the opportunity to take increasing amounts of responsibility and ownership of projects as your experience develops whilst being provided with required and flexible support.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.