Financial Accountant #384
Financial Accountant #384£35,000 - £40,000
PermanentOur partner, a ground-breaking healthcare organisation, looking to inform & educate communities and influence changes in behaviour to improve health & wellbeing outcomes. They are seeking a Financial Accountant to join their close-knit team in London.
- Maintain accurate accounting records for the UK office, review the transactions from the overseas offices to ensure that they are coded properly, and input them into the software.
- Manage the monthly payroll process for both the UK and international offices, prepare VAT returns, and ensure that the accounting software is updated in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the organisation is legally compliant with requirements in the UK and in the countries it operates.
- Assist with the banking, including setting up accounts, making payments and reconciling accounts.
- Support in preparing the consolidated accounts, statutory returns (Companies House & HMRC), and in preparing for the annual audit.
- Supporting the preparation of donor/funder reports.
- Finance business partner to the UK & overseas offices, to answer any queries, provide support as required and ensure that controls, policies and procedures are upheld.
- Accounting professional with at least 3 years of experience in a similar charity finance role, specifically with an understanding of controls & processes in an organisation with multi-country operations, and knowledge and experience of UK taxation, Accounting qualification is desirable.
- Grants finance knowledge in a donor funded environment is strongly desirably.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced MSExcel skills and experience using other software.
- Business partner, with proven experience of successfully working with colleagues in the UK and in overseas offices. Excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied workload.
- Additional language (Spanish, Portuguese, French) is desirable.
At present, this role is home-based, however from September, the individual will be required to be office-based. This role is only open to candidates with the right to work in the UK. Candidates are being considered on a rolling basis, and so early applications are strongly recommended.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.