Senior/Assistant Manager Insurance Financial Accounting Advisory Services
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in helping clients implement changes to regulatory and financial reporting. The areas we work in include IFRS 17 implementation, finance systems implementation, Solvency II reporting, IFRS conversion support, implementation of new IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP accounting standards, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
We are currently recruiting for Seniors/Assistant Managers in the Insurance team, who can help support our ambitious growth plans and drive forward the team in a variety of activities and deliver solutions to support our clients achieve their desired business outcomes. We are interested in hearing from strong insurance financial accountants who are keen to deliver advisory projects. Our opportunities will allow you to have the chance to apply your financial accounting and regulatory knowledge in the advisory space, work on a variety of projects and offer you flexibility and excellent career progression opportunities.
We are the market leader in advising financial services clients, evidenced by the large number of accounting and regulatory change and conversion engagements we are working on.
What you will do:
As a Senior/Assistant Manager within our Insurance FAAS team you will specialise in Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients, and assist senior management in leading engagement teams, provide valuable insight and advice to support clients to make strategic and operational decisions about their business. You will contribute to the continued success and growth of the practice, alongside some of the most highly regarded colleagues within the Financial Services industry.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting delivery of insurance accounting and regulatory change projects by assessing engagement risks, driving conclusions
- Supporting engagement mobilisation through scoping, planning and defining outcomes and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team
- Preparation of underlying materials as well as leading/participation in client workshops
- Co-ordinating activities between small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members
- Supporting Financial management of client engagements
- Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications
- Aiding proposals and bid teams in delivery of high-quality proposals
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Driving innovation by creating an environment that encourages innovation and being a leader in this area by implementing new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Contributing to business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new / existing clients
- Contributing to the growth of the practice by providing input to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
- An Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA)
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate expertise across engagement and practice teams • Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems • Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing Insurance CFOs
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Experience of working in a consulting role in insurance or a transformation role in industry, focusing on the Finance function
- Experience in leading delivery of Finance change programmes in insurance and demonstrable experience of leading change gained from:
- Hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, or top tier consulting firm within Financial Services, or leading change programmes at a Financial Services organisation, or leading a Line function at a Financial Services organisation
- Experience of designing and implementing Finance Operating Models and Finance Transformation, including location and service model strategy
- Accounting and regulatory change e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17 – supporting clients to understand and address complex change, and leading delivery of programmes / projects
- Financial Control – including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Front to back process, control and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimization
- Cost reporting and management
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including Solvency II
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.