Senior Business Analyst
Would you like to get to know ins and outs of the Integrated Gas business? Business Analyst role has it all: supports Pearl, the world's largest gas-to-liquids (GTL) plant and one of the world’s largest, most complex and challenging energy projects ever commissioned, own assets and government as important stakeholder. Do you have passion for budgeting, forecasting and management information? Do you thrive dealing with network of stakeholders, mountains of data, trends analysis and at the end seeing how you work influences the business decision making? Do you enjoy continuous improvement and driving the digital journey? You can experience all of that in GTL Team.
The purpose of the role is to deliver end-to-end scope for operated asset Pearl, as well as the relevant functions. Focus area for the role would be to ensure the delivery of business insights as well as transforming the ways of working to the post-Reshape world. The role is to be handled through close cooperation with the wider Qatar finance community. The scope of the role can evolve over time, to align with the business priorities.
Specifics of the role include:
- Prepare all inputs to the financial performance assessment process for the respective budget holders
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI
- Arrange regular meetings with the relevant budget holders, based on standard meeting agenda (actuals vs plan, forecast/latest estimates updates, treats & opportunities etc.)
- Challenge and agree proposal of forecast/latest estimates updates with the budget holders
- Prepare annual Operating Plan in collaboration with budget holders and other members of Finance team
- Responsible for cost allocation and master data management (establish business need, create and maintain allocation set up with support from Controllers)
- Support the Reporting team with detailed variance analysis for Group reporting/MI reporting
- Provide input for relevant audits
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines. Identify and Manage Financial Risk
- Actively participate in the back-up structure
- At least 6 years professional experience in Finance or Accounting
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent courses with experience
- ACCA/CIMA/IFRS or similar post-graduate qualification would be beneficial
- Experience in financial statements preparation
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- Very good knowledge of all accounting processes or previous experience in other departments within Finance Departments
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and business partnering skills to be capable of developing effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners
- Expected to identify opportunities for optimization, streamlining processes and eliminating non-value activities (Continuous Improvement mindset)
- Ability to work virtually in an effective manner
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing and demanding environment, ability to quickly learn and adopt to new requirements and tasks
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.