Operations Client Service, Associate 2
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
Responsibilities could include:
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high-risk asset servicing functions.
- Proactively engage with, resolve a broad range of questions for, and carry out-processing work to resolve a variety of requests for internal and external clients.
- Engage in exception resolution process; pro-actively resolve inquiries and exceptions on a case-by-case basis by working with functional teams and State Street colleagues.
- Perform operational tasks as necessary.
- Track and conduct research using internal and external sources to respond to, and resolve, complex inquiries and issues.
- Maintain accurate records of research, follow up and client interaction.
- Liaise with the operations teams to solve processing problems. Identify the need for escalation of issues.
- Proactively identify service issues with client facing impact and bring them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced Client Service Representatives.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Hours are 9 am – 6 pm, with an international holiday schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in custody, fund accounting and/or transaction processing.
- Good knowledge of asset servicing and global custody operational processes and systems.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior internship in accounting/financial services is highly preferred
- Ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.