IFS - Finance - Financial Planning & Analysis Leader - Senior Manager - (Egypt - Jordan)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounting team helps internal leaders with fixed assets accounting and asset management, financial reporting, accounting research and analysis, statutory and regulatory reporting, and data security. As part of the team, you’ll assist with monthly closings, financial analysis, oversight and management of controls and compliance, tax and cash projections and data security.
Supporting the Middle East leadership making strategic decisions through providing analysis and insights along with timely & accurate financial reporting.
Responsible for all timely recurring and adhoc internal financial reporting either globally or locally to different stakeholders, and act as the single source of truth for data validation.
Managing the budgeting and forecasting processes for the ME firm, covering internal functions (IFS) and Lines of Service (LOS. Responsibility for the smooth running of the entire annual budgeting process, from planning, guidance, execution, challenge and review and leadership sign off.
Responsible for enhancing user experience through better reporting solutions through PBI dashboards, that provides real time and periodic reporting & insights. Accountable for alignment of finance function to global data strategy.
- Responsible for the structuring, management and integrity of financial data within the core finance reporting tools
- Oversee the chart of accounts and is responsible for executing internal cost structures changes into the finance reporting system structures
- Oversee distribution of internal reporting to key stakeholders at the end of each period, in the form of Operating Statements, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance and / or other tailored system generated reports.
- Perform monthly review of business performance and provide commentary summary on results
- Provide innovative reporting solutions to ad hoc management information requests from the business
- Work closely with the Corporate Development Team on data preparation and validation of the 3 years plan, and ensure the alignment between the Business plan and the annual budget.
- Drive the annual budgeting process, working with LoS Finance and IFS leaders to develop and consolidate all LoS / IFS budgets appropriately
- Lead the forecasting process during the year and support the leadership with the required analysis
- Business partner with all LoS Finance, IFS functions, country Finance and other key functions within the Core Finance team from a reporting and insights perspective.
- Responsible for the regional strategy on In Country Value score improvement and success of the annual certification process.
- Ensure transparency and visibility of the annual reporting plan and time table to all stakeholders.
- Enhance users’ experience through smart reporting using advanced reporting tools like Power BI.
- Maintain proper controls over distribution of the reports according to the security metrics.
- Support the business with ad hoc reports, and drive continuous improvements of budgeting and reporting solutions.
- Ensure LoS and Function requirements for central reporting and creates suite of both standardised and tailored reports to be populated by a single source of the truth
- Work with Enterprise Data Team (EDT) on reporting requirements from data warehouse perspective, and responsible for validation of reports
- Support all LoS / Function Business Partners and their stakeholders through the annual planning & Budgeting cycle, so that all templates and reports are consistent across deliverables, and continuously work on enhancing the tool and the process through the gathered feedback.
- Review operating statements and management reports for end users from a quality assurance perspective.
- Manage period ends processes to ensure completeness and accuracy of reports, and escalate any variances or issues through proper escalation channels.
- Support adjustments to the chart of accounts in line with requirements from other core finance teams following Financial controls approval.
- Responsible for ensuring teams drive consistency with internal policies to control access to sensitive/confidential data.
- Ensure maintenance of data quality across the function.
- Set the firm’s regional budgeting process and guidelines, develop tools and templates for completion by function & LoS, ensuring deadlines are met and the overall management of the budgeting process.
- Responsible for review and improvement of end to end financial planning, investment and budgeting processes.
- Continuous improvement of processes efficiency through automation and alternative reporting solutions.
Learning and Growth
- Stay up to date on reporting tools to understand emerging best practices
- Build capabilities within the function, develop leadership skills of direct reports, and ensure that training plans are in place to develop the function’s staff technically and managerially
- Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members
- Support internal knowledge management best practices, creating communities of practice both within own team and across wider function
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Establish a healthy working environment for employees
- Professional qualification in accounting
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 10+ years of experience of which at least 3 years is in a management role
- Prior FP&A lead experience essential
- Budgeting & forecasting experience
- Internal reporting & business analysis
- Experience in professional services preferable
- Strong reporting and visualisation skills
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Lead a team to work collaboratively with vendors/suppliers to ensure technical application designs meet stakeholder expectation, and adhere to technology roadmaps, quality reviews and standards
- Ability to lead a team in evaluating specific infrastructure technology design needs and issues and propose viable solutions for the organization’s business needs
- In depth knowledge of designing and implementing policies and procedures related to budgeting, reporting and analysis
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and Powerpoint/G-suite presentation skills
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Strong knowledge in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting guidelines
- Ability to manage large or difficult analysis projects
- High level of analytical and quantitative ability
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical conduct
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.