Senior Executive, Corporate Tax - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We are seeking a Senior Executive in Corporate Tax to work in our Thames Valley office.
You will provide professional support to the whole of the Corporate Tax department; assisting managers & partners manage the taxation relationship services for their portfolio of clients which will include OMBs, listed companies, groups, charities, trade unions and non-resident landlords.
Responsibilities & Duties will include:
- Accepting responsibility for a portfolio of clients and prioritising work as necessary.
- Acting as the primary contact for most clients throughout the tax cycle ensuring that tax matters are raised proactively and communicated to the client.
- Preparing tax computations and returns, calculating tax liabilities and advising clients accordingly.
- Preparing deferred tax calculations, tax reconciliations and tax disclosure for inclusion within the statutory accounts.
- Considering tax planning opportunities and identifying opportunities to increase the client base and develop cross departmental working opportunities.
- Ad hoc tasks including technical research as and when required.
- Ideally CTA qualified.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and monitoring deadlines.
- Competent at dealing with client’s day to day compliance affairs.
- Competent at drafting tax disclosures for statutory accounts purposes.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints.
- Exposure to Alphatax or similar software desirable.
- Prior corporate tax experience essential.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.