Statutory Accountant, EY Finance Operations 1
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
EY Finance Operations is a fast growing, managed service team within EY providing book keeping, management accounts, corporate tax, VAT and statutory accounting functions for a wide range of clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the EY Finance Operations team delivering services to a wide range of clients. You will be leading the on boarding and delivery of a range of reporting and compliance servicesto clients across UK&I. You will manage stakeholders and build positive relationships across the firm to ensure the new service is on boarded and monthly management accounts delivered on time and to budget.
The role is UK based and you will manage a team who work from a number of UK and wider global locations.
Location is flexible across the UK. Ideally you will be able to travel to one of the following office locations: Belfast, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Bristol.
There will be some travel within the UK and Ireland.
Your key responsibilities
- Managing clients through onboarding and service delivery. Being curious, responsive and courageous and doing the right thing for our clients, for the team and for EY.
- Developing a rapport and building positive relationships with clients and owning the client’s experience throughout the lifetime of the relationship.
- Managing the activities of a team of Manager, Accountants and Accounting Analysts across an allocated portfolio of clients, including technical review of the work performed by that team.
- Ensure that the team function effectively and efficiently.
- Inspiring and developing individual team members using an on-going coaching, personal development and performance management process.
- Managing short and long term operational goals and tactical objectives ensuring clients goals are incorporated.
- Ensuring SLAs are met and service is delivered to clients as expected.
- Being a proactive member of the EY Finance Operations leadership team.
- Identifying growth opportunities and broadening the scope of our work
- Developing oneself – seeking opportunities to enhance knowledge of new sectors, deepen knowledge of core business processes, cutting edge technologies, leading practices and people and project management skills.
- Acting as point of escalation for clients and staff related issues within the team
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals who are qualified in ACCA, or ACA qualified accountant with ideally more than 5 years post qualification experience in industry or professional services.
To qualify for the role you must have
Knowledge and experience of two or more of the areas below which will support your responsibilities, other relevant experience will be developed through performing this role:
- Finance function and accounting operations, financial management and management accounting
- Management reporting (including variance analysis) and statutory reporting
- Reviewing trial balances to identify problem areas and proposing remedial actions
- Detailed knowledge of leading practices in core finance function processes spanning RTR, PTP, OTC, T&E and Inventory
- Understanding of continuous improvement and / or cost saving initiatives
- Experience of leading projects to deliver change
- Working knowledge of Business Central, preferably, or other similar bookkeeping and management accounting packages
- A passion for seeking new and better ways of delivering outcomes
- Cost and Margin analysis and reporting
- Preparation and review of tax compliance returns for VAT and Corporation Tax
- Detailed knowledge around finance function processes (RTR, PTP, OTC)
Ideally, you’ll also
- Be able to build rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels irrespective of background
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Have a service orientated aptitude and appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent EY in everything that you do
- Be capable of performing under pressure
- Enjoy working as part of a team and achieving shared goals and objectives
- Be inquisitive and analytical
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be IT literate and be receptive to new IT developments
- Have a passion for new challenges and learning new skills
What we look for
Strong communicators and team players. We are looking for individuals who are nimble, adaptable and resilient. Being lifelong learner who is always well-informed and up-to-date will be an advantage for this dynamic role.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.