Senior Consultant - Financial Advisory for Financial Services (m/f)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior Consultant – Financial Advisory for Financial Services (m/f)
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant who can help support our ambitious growth plans in the financial services sector (banking, insurance and asset management).
FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment. FAAS teams also serve as agents of transformation, guiding clients toward their journey for continuous innovations, improving efficiency, and leverage on emerging technologies.
In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and help us to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional advisory services for our clients. As aFAAS Senior Consultant, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting FAAS executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You have the right to challenge the status quo and provide alternative viewpoints. Leveraging off our delivery tools and service enablers, you’ll assist to plan and execute small-scale to large-scale, complex projects and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients. Most importantly, you will be the first line of quality control for the projects, as you perform detailed review of client information and procedures performed by Junior Consultants. You will also be asked to supervise and coach Junior Consultants.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong technical accounting, financial and regulatory skills to be able to run projects for finance functions
- Solid understanding of IFRS requirements
- Knowledge on basic prudential reporting requirements for banks
- Experience in working with banks and other financial institutions in relation to accounting, financial reporting, and regulatory matters
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Finance process controls experience
- Finance process optimization and transformation experience
- Financial data analysis and data visualization experience
- Finance technology innovation and automation experience
What we look for
- You hold a university degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- You have 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience in anAudit/Consulting role in financial services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally in banking or insurance
- You are fluent in English and French. Any other language skills such as German or Italian would be considered an asset.
- You have strong accounting knowledge in IFRS, with higher level of understanding of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments requirements.
- Familiarity with IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts is favourable.
- Familiarity with Luxembourg GAAP is also favourable.
- Knowledge on basic prudential reporting requirements banks, such as FINREP, COREP, LCR, NSFR
- You demonstrate good writing skills, useful for preparing technical memo
- You are able to manage a team; you demonstrate strong ownership as well as autonomy
- You demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
- Good knowledge on office-related computer skills (word, excel, powerpoint). Knowledge on programming languages (i.e. VBA) would be a plus.
- Good experience and skills in project management is favourable.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.