Associate/Senior Associate - Financial Reporting
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”)
Job Title: Financial Reporting – Senior Associate
Reporting to: Financial reporting manager, Mumbai
Location: Mumbai, India.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (“MSFS”) is a leading provider of third party hedge fund services with offices in New York, London, Dublin, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Mumbai and has approx. 600 employees in India.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in the United States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The Financial Reporting team is responsible for the delivery of financial statements to our hedge fund clients. The global team is based in Mumbai and Glasgow. The Associate will report to the Financial Reporting Manager, and will assist in the preparation of financial statements of hedge funds under US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS. The Associate will be a member of an existing team and will work with the team in providing timely deliverables, for the interim and year-end audits.
The position requires strong knowledge in preparing financial statement of investment companies per US GAAP/IFRS, accounting skills and good knowledge of securities and derivative products.
- Preparing financials from supporting documents.
- Preparing Condensed Schedule of Investments (CSoI)
- Preparing Statement of Cash Flows
- Assisting auditors and ensuring the smooth audit of the financial statements by providing valid backup data for every figure presented in the financial statements
- Analytical and Interpretational skills
- Ensure the financial statements are provided within the deadlines .
- Follow internal control policies and procedures.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following attributes:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Fully completed Accounting qualification/certification e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- 2 years PQE in auditing or financial reporting is preferable. Experience in Public accounting or Hedge Fund Administration is a distinct advantage.
Skill and Abilities
- Ability to draw financials of investment companies per US GAAP/IFRS
- Ability to multi-task;
- Accuracy and efficiency in tasks performed;
- Client focused, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultures;
- Ability to identify issues and escalate in time;
- Flexible approach to duties and hours of work.