Head of Valuations
We are hiring a senior valuations expert to lead the newly formed Financial Instruments team within our Financial Services Assurance practice. The successful candidate will lead an expert team, focusing on the valuation of financial instruments and supporting the practice on other quantitative and risk based issues.
Assurance is our largest service line, where you will work with the highest performing teams serving industry leading clients, both locally and globally. Financial Services Assurance is a huge growth area for us and due to the continued success story of the financial services industry in Ireland along with a number of significant global wins we are looking to grow and develop our team to build upon this success.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead a newly formed team within the practice responsible for:
- carrying out valuation, modelling and pricing of complex financial products and derivatives
- reviewing complex quantitative models developed by third parties
- reviewing the governance process over valuations in our clients
- prepare written reports detailing the outcome of the above activities
- present the output to internal or external clients
As the leader of this part of the practice, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate internal governance structure over valuations and implementation of same
- Creating a robust team structure that provides career paths for team members
- Coaching and development of team members
- Reviewing work completed by team
- Presenting work completed to internal and external clients
Skills and attributes for success
Suitable applicants will have exceptional numerate and analytical skills combined with demonstrated knowledge and experience of the valuation of complex financial instruments. Preferably, the applicants will hold an MSc or PhD in financial mathematics or a highly numerate subject or have equivalent experience.
The experience of the candidate will ideally include
- At least 10 years of experience in trading, valuing or accounting for derivatives
- Expertise in complex valuation topics such as CVA, DVA etc
- Experience in IFRS 9 ECL modelling
- Experience with valuation governance practice will be advantageous
- Previous experience in a financial consultancy firm will be a distinct advantage
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability and to present technical subject matter, in an accessible manager to an executive level. In addition, they will have the ability to lead a team to deliver to demanding deadlines and possess good communication skills, with the ability to communicate the essence of complex models in a concise and accessible manner.
What we look for
Someone with a passion for what they do, who wants to take the next step in their career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.