Cash Office Group Leader | IKEA | Oman
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
Provide daily management and leadership to the Cash office, ensuring that staff is adhering to departmental procedures the Al- Futtaim Way by:
- Managing and controlling the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Securing the financial reconciliation work is done in accordance with the rules set up by Service Office
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Commerce Graduate with experience in cash handling, or
- A University Degree in Business Administration
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years retail cash handling experience, finance & accounting experience preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and tactical planning abilities
- Must have a highly developed understanding of retail operations
- Must have an interest in home furnishings
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Supervise the following –with priority:
- Daily reconciliation of store takings & reporting
- Forex reconciliation and monitoring of exchange rates
- Cheques collection and control
- Tally of safe fund daily
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Gift Vouchers redemption and reconciliation
- Banking of the various tender types
- Store Petty Cash management.
- Manage and control the cash office functions and ensure daily/ weekly and monthly routines are followed.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers with regards to petty cash, quotes, LPO’s and payments.
- Supplier/ Contracts Management
- Responsible for maintaining proactive relationships with external suppliers and contractors on a regular basis to
- reduce questions related to LPO’s & payments.
- People Management and Development
- Develop the admin executives to be able to understand and manage the role when the Admin and Audit Manager is absent.
- Lead and train the team to be able to carry out all cash office and admin/audit functions.
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.