Tax Analyst (Corporate Tax)
- Deliver accurate and timely tax accounting, reporting and compliance activities for China including
- Quarterly calculation, recording and reporting of tax provisions, commentaries and effective tax rate reconciliation
- Annual preparation of tax returns and calculation of liabilities
- Payment estimate calculations and processing tax payments
- Develop professional working relationships with colleagues within the process and in the interface process across Finance Operations
- Operate Direct Tax process controls and report all control incidences
- Meet process metrics and implement necessary actions for countries in scope
- Update work instructions as and when applicable and also at regular intervals as per Work Instructions policy guidelines
- Conduct variance analysis, reasonableness checks and reconciliations for standalone entities
- Configure Tax Data Request Template/Tax packs or Global Provisioning and tax returns template
- Update local GAAP template, Tax Provisioning Tool master data or local tax calculation tool
- Collate information for enquiries from external auditors and authorities
- Support change management initiatives and contribute to successful go-live of tax migrations
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Comply to Shell Group records management & Information risk management procedures and manage the working papers and supporting documentation related to the tax returns
- Perform Blackline analysis of tax accounts balances and clean up all tax accounts on regular frequency
- Minimum 2-3 years Tax Computing experience with Professional Qualification/Accounting Degree
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications especially Excel.
- Mandarin proficiency is recommended as support needed for China markets
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.