Assistant Manager, Recovery Solutions - Kent, Tunbridge Wells
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Recovery Solutions is the insolvency team at Crowe. It is a national team with significant experience in all aspects of recovery work, dealing with both corporate and personal matters. The partners have developed a large network of business contacts and professional advisors, which include bankers, solicitors and accountants. In many instances, their professional advice has led to the rescue, in whole or in part, of on-going businesses, with the protection of employment for members of staff. The work ranges from dealing with family-run businesses to large PLCs.
Regularly reviews overall goals and workload of self and more junior team members to focus and reprioritise as necessary
- To support the existing management team.
- Make optimum use of resources and time.
- Have a clear understanding of and follows Crowe’s procedures and processes at all times.
- Identify the need for and sources of further information to exercise technical judgment.
- Highlight any potential problem areas early on.
- Work to improve technical knowledge and applies outcomes of learning experiences to real situations.
- Use technical skills and judgement to analyse situations.
- Apply technical assessment in order to make judgments leading to appropriate recommendations.
- Provide coaching & support on technical matters to more junior team members.
- Actively seeks advice of experts as needed.
- Seek to become an expert in area.
- Communicate clearly using the most appropriate means.
Purpose of role
- As a JIEB or CPI qualified assistant manager in Recovery Solutions you will be required to lead teams on a range of insolvency assignments. This role requires particular specialism in corporates.
- You will assist with the management of the Recovery Solution team of Administrators and Trainees and you will work with and lead others to achieve common goals. motivating others, resolving any disputes and adapting your communication style to meet the needs of the Recovery Solutions team.
- You will demonstrate our core values in everything you do - attention to quality, professionalism, integrity, approachability and relationships. You will seek opportunities to grow and develop your own networks with colleagues in other teams as well as seeking an understanding of the bigger picture beyond your own team or area of responsibility.
- You will be required to adapt to different ways of working and changes to a plan. You must be able to think on your feet and flex according to the need of the situation. You will demonstrate the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges, whilst working under pressure, to hit a deadline/client need.
- You will be JIEB or CPI qualified.
- You will have at least 5 years all round insolvency experience to include ‘day one’ experience of Administrations together with experience of dealing with all types of insolvency assignments from ‘cradle to grave’.
Why choose Crowe?
- Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
- Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
- We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
- At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
- Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
- Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.