Finance Analyst - Accounting & Controls
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don’t intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by –
- Maintaining significant liquidity of 2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than 5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
Our Finance Analysts support a variety of business areas to provide reporting and analysis for all costs within their relevant function. As a key member of the Operations Finance team, these roles report into our Finance Managers, providing analytical support and business partnering to designated business areas.
You’ll provide a true Business Partner framework ensuring that business owners are supported with consistently accurate insight and information. Partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, operations & commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Provides financial support covering:
- Budget and Outlook Setting
- Development of initiatives and tracking delivery
- Monthly reporting and analysis
- Supporting the cost programme strategy and delivery
- Business case evaluation and decision support
- 5yr Planning
- Ad-hoc projects
Business performance and analytical support:
- Providing monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Driving continuous improvements in the operational and finance processes
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as decision support for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
Financial accounting & control:
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the group and entity balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Prepare PBT forecast and ensure that the detail of variances to budget and prior forecast are understood, driving continuous improvements in the forecasting process
- Supporting on projects across corporate finance & planning which drive cost effective and efficient processes as required by senior finance manager
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships
- Providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders
- Supporting any deep dive projects with analysis
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
Requirements of the Role
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualified accountant able to embrace large, complex, preferably fast moving, entities
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate an excellent grasp of variance analysis and the key drivers
- Able to communicate and challenge effectively with key stakeholders at all seniority levels in the organisation
- Ability to explain finance to non-financial stakeholders
- A proactive team player
- An ability to work on own initiative, and has the confidence to offer solutions
- A true self starter, with high levels of motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent excel skills (up to basic macros) and Planning Analytics or TM1 Development experience preferred
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough.
This full-time role will be based in Luton (Hybrid/remote working options available) and will be 40 hours per week. Remember, we are always #happytotalkflex.
WARM WELCOME FOR EVERYONE
Different perspectives and experiences add value to the way we do business. Giving a ‘warm welcome for everyone’ is at the heart of what we do every day regardless of gender identity and expression, race, disability, age, sexual and/ or romantic orientation, religion and nationality; because it’s clear to us that our people set us apart.
We’re proud to have been named as Britain’s Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We’re uniquely different. We’re easyJet.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.