Employment Tax Manager
We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don’t intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better by –
- Maintaining significant liquidity of 2.9 billion and an investment-grade balance sheet, having raised more than 5.5 billion during the pandemic
- Our schedule remains focused on positive contribution flying
- We continue to deliver on our major restructuring and cost reduction programme, which will support improved margins and reduce seasonality for the future. (We are expecting the programme to deliver around £500 million in savings in 2021 with almost half of that being sustainable)
We want you to play a part in this and #belongherewithus.
The Tax team is responsible for all the direct, indirect and employment taxes across the business; this includes easyJet Airline Company Limited, easyJet Switzerland and easyJet Europe Airline GmbH as well as overseas branches and specialist companies.
The role of Employment Tax Manager has been moved to report ultimately into the Director of Treasury & Tax alongside the rest of the tax team and is responsible for all employment related taxes in the Group. This is a hands-on role requiring the management of both internal and external stakeholders across the business and in multiple jurisdictions with the responsibility for ensuring all employment taxes a managed within the spirit and letter of the law.
The purpose of our Employment Tax Manager is to advise on strategy and ensure compliance with all employment taxes across Europe. You will be a subject matter specialist on Employment Tax and continue to evolve your knowledge and expertise.
- Formulating employment tax strategy for the Group including working with the direct and indirect tax teams and HR teams on reviewing the Group’s employment tax arrangements to balance tax efficiency with appropriate levels of risk in line with the Group tax strategy Advising on employment taxation and social security implications across Europe including employee share plans. Liaising with the wider Tax team, Payroll team and in-country HR Managers to provide support and ensure easyJet meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each jurisdiction. Leading on audits and reviews across the easyJet group. Monitoring compliance with employment tax obligations across Europe – and communicating any changes there are in the employment tax related laws. Producing high-quality user friendly and professional reports/technical opinions to share with senior leaders. Maintaining up to date documentation of employment tax policies, processes and procedures. Identifying and implementing process improvements to continually evolve how we operate.
Requirements of the Role
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)/ Accountant (ACA) or Legal Professional focussed on Tax Law Extensive knowledge of core tax technical provisions, specifically European employment tax, social security, double tax treaties, bilateral social security agreements, employee share schemes and cross-border issues. A university degree in commerce, accounting, tax or law. Proven and extensive tax advisory experience within a chartered accounting firm, legal firm or in industry. A wide network of relationships in the employment tax arena, preferably across Europe. Ability to work independently and take responsibility with minimal supervision. Ability to work cross functionally and develop internal relationships with key contacts in other functions, and also with in-country contacts. A strategic mindset with real commercial awareness. Excellent written, verbal, communication and thought skills.
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
We know that flexibility, balance and wellbeing are more important than ever right now. Whether that’s working remotely, part time, or needing extra support when times are tough.
This full-time role will be based in Luton (Hybrid/remote working options available) and will be 40 hours per week. Remember, we are always #happytotalkflex.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.