More than 25,000 people have careers with Kerry. From Food Science to Manufacturing, our jobs help nourish and delight consumers around the globe. Kerry is committed to leading to better in everything we do. We strive for better taste and nutrition, better sustainability, better career opportunities and ultimately, a better world.
Everyday millions of people throughout the world consume food or beverage products containing our taste and nutrition solutions.
As the world leader in taste and nutrition, our Purpose is to Inspire Food and Nourish Life.
Our Purpose is central to The Kerry Way and serves as our guiding light on our journey to make it easier and more valuable for customers to do business with us, as we seek to make a greater, more lasting difference in the world by inspiring innovative, natural and sustainable taste and nutrition solutions for consumers, customers, the industry and the world.
Inspiring Food, Nourishing Life puts food, drink and wellbeing front and centre. Food matters. It brings people together; across cultures, countries and generations. Food is heritage, happiness and health. Food is family and friends. Food is life.
About the role
Located in the south west of Ireland, Kerry Agribusiness, a division of Kerry Group PLC, assembles 1.2 billion litres of milk annually from our 3,000 family farms.
The business operates a network of 32 Farm Stores located across Kerry, Limerick, Clare and North Cork, offering a wide range of farm requisites, hardware products, fertiliser and other farm inputs.
In addition, Kerry Agribusiness is a leading supplier of a wide range of high-quality ruminant feeds under the well-known Bloom Feeds brand which is manufactured at our Feed Mill in Farranfore, Co. Kerry
We have a strong tradition of working closely with our milk suppliers and other farm enterprise customers across the catchment area.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Accountant to join the Agribusiness Finance team based in Charleville. This is a permanent role, starting as soon as possible.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts in accordance with group and local deadlines.
- Preparation of balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations.
- Preparation and submission of revenue returns (VAT, Intrastat, etc.) and other external reporting requirements.
- Prepare detailed, accurate, insightful margin analysis and commercial insight to management team.
- Be adept at working with Non-Finance business leaders
- Key role in developing annual Operation & Commercial budgets
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Highly focused on Continuous Improvement and elimination of non-value add activity
- Ad-hoc reporting and project work as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years PQE.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Analytically minded, with proven ability to own and solve problems and to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and be a team player.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools, especially excel.
- Good aptitude for reporting tools, and ability to think creatively about system outputs. Previous SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and cost accounting would be an advantage
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.