Financial Reporting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Be a part of a team of 200+ dedicated financial reporting professionals who are focused on delivering interim and annual US GAAP/IFRS financial statements to a diverse group of alternative investment managers.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration, and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting Supervisor-Senior Associate role you will
- You’ll oversee the preparation and review of interim and annual financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP requirements for alternative investment funds (hedge, private equity, and real estate funds)
- You’ll create and maintain financial statements production calendars to ensure timely preparation, review, and release to clients/auditors
- You’ll be responsible for managing the workflow and day-to-day activities of junior staff by allocating and organizing work, setting deadlines, and implementing procedures
- You’ll perform technical reviews of the hedge, private equity, and real estate funds’ financial statements
- You’ll set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance
- You’ll maintain and develop technical expertise and participate in training junior staff and new hires
What we value
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to details
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS investment company financial statements
- Previous experience servicing alternative investments
- CPA is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers, and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance, and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, backgrounds, abilities, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personalities. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.