Team Leader, Regulatory Reporting (Key Investor Information Document)
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
The job holder is responsible for leading/managing a team of Regulatory Reporting professionals (Analysts, Senior Analysts and Technical Coordinators) consisting of 6-10 full time employees. The job holder has responsibility for the team’s training, performance management and performance in the preparation and review of monthly/quarterly Ongoing Charges Figure (OCF) and Synthetic Risk and Reward Profile (SRRI) in the KIID as part of the regulatory guidelines enforced by the European Commission under UCITS IV.
KIID/PRIIPS Regulatory Reports are prepared on a cyclical basis (for example; quarterly, semi-annual or annually) depending on the team in accordance with regulatory guidelines in the home country. The preparation is based on a set processes and procedures and the job holder will be required to adhere to these processes in completing day to day tasks.
Once the reports are prepared, the jobholder will be responsible for reviewing the work of more junior team members including, analysis and research for any discrepancies before the report is issued to the home country for review. The Technical Coordinator will then oversee and review any required corrective work as identified and communicated by the home country before closure.
Due to the cyclical nature of the activities, it is anticipated that there will be peak periods of work and the job holder may be required to undertake additional working hours to ensure tasks are completed to the appropriate deadlines.
The job holder will have leadership responsibility for assigned team and processes including planning, allocation and review of work within defined timescales.
- Performing quality assurance checks on information received internally from other supporting functions. Close attention to detail required.
- Responsible for maintaining the team’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as per the agreed Service Level Document (SLD) with home country.
- Work closely with counterpart in home locations to resolve queries
- Create, maintain and update procedures/processes
- Ensure compliance with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies
- Review and sign off on reports of other team members
- Work closely with the Manager(s) and stakeholders across Northern Trust locations through the various stages of transitions and on-boarding of processes in Manila seamlessly, as per the transition plan.
- Ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are signed and files are complete
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce risk and develop efficiency of function
- Ensure that technology available is being fully utilized in the most efficient manner
- Ensure full and proper reporting and escalation of any operational issues
- Escalate and communicate any service delivery issues (for example, late reporting) as identified
- On-going review of daily controls and communications of suggested procedural changes
- Assist with recruiting, training and coaching of new team members
- Assist the Manager(s) in the production and enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as training tools
- Work with the Manager(s) to continually assess the team’s processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk and/or cost, as well as to increase the engagement and motivation of staff.
- Manage the allocation of the workload in a fair and efficient manner
- Review work status on a regular basis and develop priorities
- Provide leadership of team and across other groups by sharing knowledge as appropriate.
- Provide objective and regular feedback to team members
- Conduct performance review and appraisal of team members
- Working closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes in order to help the team be successful in its goals and KPIs.
- Additional tasks that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in reporting functions like financial reporting, regulatory reporting, client reporting and board reporting in an Audit Firm, Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund or Financial institution. Working as a Technical Coordinator (24 months in the role)/ Team Leader with at least 2 years in supervising teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- People management experience gained within a financial services organization
- Background in regulatory / statutory reporting will be preferred
- Minimum of 24 months experience in the process area
- Internal candidates must meet the IJP eligibility requirements of Northern Trust
1PM to 10PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.