Senior Manager/ Manager- Financial Services Risk Management- UAE
As part of the Business Consulting practice focusing on Financial Sector you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FS Risk products and services include Actuarial and Financial Risk, risks related to Climate Change and Sustainability, Governance, Risk & Controls, establishing and enhancing Risk management strategies and enabling our clients to adopt advanced technical risk solutions.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As a FS RISK Senior Manager, you'll technically contribute to and lead FS Risk engagements. You will work effectively as a team lead having the responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating engagement directors and partners on progress. You'll also build valuable relationships with external clients and internal peers. In addition, you'll contribute to presentations and provide inputs to proposals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Delivering risk transformation programs domestically and/or internationally.
- Broader experience in Risk management in banks, including data modelling, model development, validation, and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to the emerging risks, solutions, and technologies, and to develop efficient solutions
- Self-motivated with lots of energy and drive.
- Ability to lead teams and projects, communicate and influence customers, resolve situations and issues, work under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly and explore new opportunities
Relevant experience in all or most of the following areas:
- 10+ years of strong FS RISK experience within the leading FS organizations or Consultancy firms.Prior experience in developed markets (EU, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.) will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics and statistics, statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python, etc.) and Machine Learning is desirable.
- Experience in Treasury & Treasury Operations, Asset & Liability Management, Fund Transfer Pricing, and liquidity analysis
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative aspects of Credit risk, Market risk, Operational risk, Capital calculation and RWA management and optimization and Regulatory reporting.
- Experience in PD, EAD, LGD and IFRS 9 model development and validation.
- Strong understanding of creditlife cycle, credit ratings & analysis and approvals process
- Knowledge of risk management pertaining to climate change and sustainable finance.
- You should have strong desire and flexibility to adopt to new emerging technologies.
- Experience in working in a project-based, team-oriented environment, ideally consulting, with a proven track record of managing teams and delivering in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Excellent analytical, report-writing, facilitation, presentation and people development skills
- Strong educational background from a top institution, quantitative/ finance/ economics/ engineering / actuarial program.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in analytical and risk management tools/systems (e.g. R, Python, SAS)
- Professional certifications in FRM, SCR, and /or CFA
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.