Accounts Payable Clerk
This Accounts Payable Clerk role is on an initial 6 month ftc and based out of Potters bar, The role is focused around their complex invoicing process and needing an inquisitive character keen to solve queries and investigate with other departments as to avoid queries reoccurring
This great Potters Bar based company have a nationwide reach and work with a large number of local government, not for profit and charities sector clients carrying out great services to benefit the country. Their excellent market lad services have meant they have grown over the last 18 months and further ambitious growth targets ahead. This Accounts Payable Clerk on an initial 6 month ftc is looking for someone keen to develop into a longer term role with solid Accounts Payable experience. They offer a progressive work environment with lots of opportunities for growth & development.
Accounts Payable Clerk duties;
- Logging, maintaining and filing invoices.
- Requesting payment authorisations.
- Investigating a large number purchase ledger queries.
- Escalating any concerns to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Maintaining the accuracy of supplier details.
- Liaising with suppliers and building relationships.
- The ability to spot errors and discrepancies.
- Reconciling supplier statements/accounts.
- Manage and work within multiple shared mailboxes ensuring all emails are dealt with and responded to within a reasonable time.
- Requesting copy invoices and statements from suppliers to keep accounts up to date.
- Work to agreed KPI's.
This Accounts Payable Clerk role will require the following experience and characteristics;
- Minimum two years purchase ledger experience
- Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prioritisation and organisational skills and able to work to deadlines
- Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Competitive salary of £23k
- Benefits package
- Good working environment
- Progressive team culture
- Supportive management team
- Initial 6 month FTC with potential to develop into a longer term assignment