General Ledger Accountant
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Become a leader at a leading company.
Become a Zebra.
General Ledger Accountant maintains the integrity and accuracy of financial statements and the month-end closing activities for multiple legal entities in a region. Analyzes assigned account reconciliations, and establishes, documents, and improves accounting processes and procedures.
- Manages month-end closing activities and prepares financial statements including income statements, balance sheets, profit-and-loss, and other accounting statements
- Develops and maintains records of all general ledger accounts and all monthly and quarterly journal entries necessary for monthly close; enters journal entries, reconciles all accounts and investigates reconciling items
- Maintains compliance with accounting standards and regulations (e.g., U.S. GAAP, SOX, and local regulations) and participates in interim and year-end audits with internal and external auditors
- Prepares, records, and analyzes accounting transactions
- Mentors and directs other members of the accounting team as necessary; serves as the subject matter expert to develop and maintain training materials
- Directs the setup up of new general ledger accounts, dimensions and integrations into the ERP system; identifies and documents process improvements
- Contributes to moderately complex projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Applicable Accounting certification preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Broad knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and database skills
- Advanced experience with ERP systems
Suitable only for applicants currently eligible to work in the EU.
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and 2 volunteer days paid off
- Multisport card at a reduced price
- Meal contribution
- Monthly contribution 800 CZK/month in the form of credits on your Benefit plus card with cafeteria system where you can choose from wide range of activities/benefits from Health, Sports, Travel, Wellness, Development, Culture up to company Language courses
- Training and personal development in soft skills and hard skills, access to our internal learning portal and internal career opportunities within Zebra departments
- Annual bonuses based on financial results
- Yearly salary increases according to individual performance
- Employee referral bonus for bringing New Talent to Zebra
- Free beverages and fruit days (coffee, tea, milk available in our kitchenette)
- Life & Pension insurance contribution
- Dress for your day - Choose attire that fits your personal style and your day
- Company preschool (in Czech or in English)
- New modern and multifunctional workplace at Vlněna Office park in the city centre
- Discount at our partners (T-Mobile, Banks, HP, Dell, Microsoft Office)
We are Zebra Technologies. We build today, so we can create tomorrow.
Zebra is an equal international opportunity US employer, established for 50 years, committed to a diverse and expansive work environment! The diversity of our people and their ideas powers our inventiveness. We sell innovative technology solutions within barcode and product identification - RFID, barcode scanners, printers, data analytics and software. We employ over 7,000 people across 100 locations in 50 countries.
Our solutions are used by BMW, Amazon, DHL, Tesco’s and numerous hospitals all over the world and even the NFL! Zebra in Brno was awarded as a TOP employer of the year 2018 in Jihomoravsky kraj and also ABSL Diamonds Awards 2019 for innovations and 2020 for Employer Branding & People Engagement.
Send us your CV in English. Be part of Zebra family.