Our client is an Abu Dhabi based, award winning, boutique taxation consulting and services firm. They are excited to welcome a new member to the team.
As a Tax Consultant, you will be directly reporting to the head of tax and working closely with the Tax Department to grow current and future projects, while focusing on the implementation of VAT compliance and processes for multiple clients across the UAE.
The role is a fulltime permanent employment based on site in Abu Dhabi.
A summary of responsibilities expected of the role holder
- Prepare company and client tax forms and data while offering tax accounting advice to both clients and internal company departments.
- Maintain and update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information
- Develop strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific tax information needs
- Assist with preparing annual financial records, including meeting deadlines and ensuring all financial practices and records comply with accepted accounting & taxation standards
- Work with financial management officials to develop tax strategies that involve both incentives and tax-compliance recognitions
- Prepare for audits by organizing and reviewing documents
- Inspect accounting systems and books for efficiency and compliance with federal regulations
- Draft reports, identifies key issues/risks, and proposes solutions for clients on tax planning and implementation strategies
- Actively builds business relationships that generate leads
To succeed in the role, our client believes you require to
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree or an accounting certification
- Be ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Be good with Microsoft Office (Especially excel) & comfortable with working on multiple accounting software & ERPs
- Have an audit firm experience
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the UAE in a similar or related role, preferably with an audit or consulting firm. Experience in the UAE is a MUST HAVE requirement
- Have a previous experience with Tax Compliance, must possess solid tax knowledge
- Be proficient with analyzing spreadsheets, Computer-Literate, with strong research skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent time management skills especially in what sometimes can tight and conflicting deadlines
- Work in a team
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working under pressure.
- Be of good conduct and behavior and to have never been convicted of a crime or misdemeanor prejudicial to honor or honesty, irrespective of whether he may have been rehabilitated
- Have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands.
Priority will be given to candidates currently based in the UAE.