Remote - Plant Controller
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
This multi-site Plant Controller role is primarily remote with focus on the Commerce, CA plant the first 6 months reporting to the Taste Performance Director. The Plant Controller is a key person in the management of plant profitability through the control of Operations and Supply Chain activities, which are monitored at plant, product, and work center level.
- Lead and support the Operations Accounting function for the Kerry plant(s).
- Advance a culture of cost consciousness and cost awareness in the plant(s).
- Provide relevant, accurate, and timely information to management for decision making.
- Develop strong business relationships.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Decision Making Support
- Budgeting / Forecasting / Planning
- Capital / Strategic Project Analysis
- Inventory Management Analysis
- Process Costing
- Completion of Monthly Reporting Pack for each plant
- Direct Allocated Cost Analysis versus Budget / Target
- Indirect Cost Analysis versus Budget / Target
- Inventory Measurement versus Budget / Target
- Accelerate (Profit Improvement Plan) Reporting
- Capital Projects Performance
- Turnover of AP Open Text cases on a timely basis for the plant as a whole
Qualifications and skills
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (preference) or comparable experience within a manufacturing environment
- Performance based measurement Improvement and standardization of processes
- Consolidation of information Decision making support (capital evaluation and strategy)
- Control and risk management (mainly of stock or inventory)
- Information management (streamlining processes and knowledge)
- Introduce and lead least cost manufacturing and profit improvement programs
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work through and with diverse personalities while being tactful and mature.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive (particularly with other managers).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff while maintaining an environment conducive to working.
- Good business acumen.
- System savvy with strong PC skills, particularly with Excel, ERP and Accounting systems.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.