Head of Governance and Oversight - APAC Compliance Operations
Your field of responsibility
Join us as the Lead of the Governance & Oversight team in APAC Compliance Operations. As part of the team, you will lead and supervise a small, high impact team to oversee the internal risk and control framework of Compliance Operations covering both Investment and Private Banking. You will play a check and challenge role in the execution of controls across all APAC Compliance Operations teams. This role involves direct interaction with various business partners including Quality Assurance, Auditors, Financial Crime Compliance and First Line teams both within the region and globally.
- Governance & Oversight: developing and enhancing the existing risk and control framework, including one-bank coordination and oversight
- Regulatory Management: managing the control aspects of regulatory enquiries and exams
- Risk Identification & Assessment: providing inputs to the annual risk and control assessments, review and validation of risk events
- Policy and Procedures: supporting the operational implementations of policy and regulatory changes
- Ongoing Monitoring: overseeing issues and action plans including root cause analysis
- Projects: providing control inputs to Run-the-Bank projects as needed
- New Business – ensuring the correct governance and oversight on business expansions and setting up the control infrastructure for APAC Compliance Operations
- Performing read across to other processes and controls based on gaps identified to proactively address issues in the region
Your future colleagues
The role would have you interact with Compliance Operations colleagues across APAC regions based in India, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore that covers the execution of controls for client onboarding and life cycle management within the second line of defense. You will report directly to the APAC head of Compliance Operations and be part of the management committee.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills; a proven ability to identify risk and control issues for timely reporting and resolution as well as strong attention to detail
- Influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to lead, resolve and communicate at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as supervise members of the team to address control issues
- Outstanding organizational skills to handle complex, competing timelines and deliverables
- Ability to present and discuss frameworks and drive to decision from key business partners to ensure the risk is addressed mitigated appropriately with rationale being documented
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Over 8 years of relevant industry experience, ideally in Compliance or Risk Oversight and Controls, internal audit, monitoring and testing or assurance role
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.