Private Client Tax Supervisor
Private Client Tax Supervisor
Due to growth within the firm, we are currently recruiting for a Private Client Tax Supervisor to join our team.
At Kreston Reeves, our purpose is to guide our clients, our colleagues, and our communities to a brighter future. Our purpose is rooted in our values, and our values define who we are, what we stand for, and how we behave.
We help dynamic businesses, charity and not-for-profit organisations, private individuals, and families with much more than just accountancy and financial advice. We get to know and understand your needs, and our people’s dedication to providing a personal service sets us apart from the competition.
Firm Culture and Benefits
It’s often said that it’s the people you work with that make a job special. At Kreston Reeves, we really believe that is true. With 200 years of history behind us, we are long-standing employers in the Kent, Sussex and London communities. Our reputation is upheld by our people, who make it stronger every day. We live our values, creating a culture so our people can thrive.
We are proud to support our people; from hybrid working, offering a better work/life balance, to engaging in conversations around mental health and wellbeing – we want all our people to feel valued and appreciated.
But we do not stop there – we take an active role in giving back to our communities, with our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme, Kreston Reeves Foundation charity and paid volunteer days, so our people can support the charitable causes closest to their hearts.
We offer a huge range of benefits - you can find out more here. Our people are our greatest asset, so if you think we are the right fit for you, read on to find out more about the role.
This role will involve you:
- Contributing to the provision of an excellent service to a diverse range of clients, providing support to managers and partners, and supervising junior staff.
- Reporting to managers and partners and taking responsibility for completing tasks accurately, to deadline and liaising with the client in line with the Client Charter.
- Ensuring that client hygiene targets relevant for your grade are adhered to.
- Travelling to and from clients’ premises and our other offices from time to time.
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement although supervision and advice will be always available.
- Developing technical expertise and progressing against technical competencies.
- Progressing against designated exams (where appropriate).
- Likely to be acting as a client controller or supervisor in relation to appropriate clients and/or their engagements having a fee total in excess of £100,000.
- Gaining new work from existing or new clients where possible.
- Acting as a client supervisor in relation to appropriate clients and/or their engagements.
The following qualities are desirable:
- A team player
- A driven, self-starter attitude
- Good communication skills
- Approachability and availability
- Honesty and integrity
- Part-Qualified/Qualified AAT or Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA, or qualified by experience
- Full time or Part time
- Team player
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Business and not for profit (charities and schools) experience and knowledge
- Risk awareness
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Willingness to research
- Report writing experience
- Willingness to travel
Your main duties will include:
The client’s engagements
The following are typical of the tasks that you will be expected to carry out on the client’s behalf. They should not be confused with your responsibilities involved in managing a client and his engagements which are set out under responsibilities for controllers and supervisors.
- Review tax returns and accompany workings to an extent appropriate to the complexity of the engagement and experience of the staff thus far involved.
- Complete posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns or oversee this.
- Prepare more complex capital gains computations.
- Prepare/amend and/or approve letters and emails relating to less complex issues;
- Prepare replies to complex client or third party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate;
- Have direct contact with the client and third parties including HMRC;
- Deal with the more technical enquiries from clients and other firm members;
- Oversee the dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC;
- Identify the potential for more complex tax planning opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies including basic inheritance tax advice;
- Attend client meetings;
- Meet potential clients where appropriate;
- These tasks will be carried out subject to minimal or no supervision. It I anticipated that you will recognise situations where you need to seek technical assistance.
Staff training and other
- Providing on the job training for junior staff where possible and providing feedback on a timely basis.
- Assisting managers and partners with technical research and technical writing for client and marketing purposes.
- Volunteering for marketing events and firm-wide projects/recruitment representing the firm.
- 2 A levels at grade C or equivalent.
- Qualified ATT/CTA
- Candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
- CPD compliant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.