Indirect Tax Compliance SME
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Be responsible for accurate and timely submission of VAT/GST returns for Morgan Stanley entities in Asia and Canada
- Perform detailed reviews of indirect tax returns and relating balance sheet and expense reconciliations
- Coach/mentor junior colleagues, provide professional support and advice for them
- Act as a back-up for the Team Leader when required
- Manage indirect tax compliance projects on business integration and process automation
- Prepare management reporting and provide commentary for Indirect Tax Management
- Contribute to projects, support tax audits and work closely with key contacts across locations
- Develop practical knowledge of the Firm's business and understand how your role fits into it
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 5 years of experience in the area of VAT/GST compliance and in finance/accounting
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with multiple issues and under pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English (any other language would be a plus)
You might also have:
- Professional accounting or tax adviser qualification/studying (ACCA, CIMA, CTA or equivalent)
- Experience in people management / in a Team Leader position
- Experience as a tax advisor
Team Profile: The Indirect Tax group provides Morgan Stanley with global in-house expertise, primarily in VAT/GST and US Non-Income Tax. The team in Budapest has recently increased its global footprint and become the central location of the global indirect tax coverage.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.